yoshi story help. left half of screen flickers

InTheZoneAC

I have tried many different yoshi story roms and either they dont work or they all have the same problems. Has anyone had a yoshi story working where the left half of the screen doesn't flicker while playing a level? If so what plugins/emulator did you use. I have tried project64/project64k/1964

hagbard

Give a try to Rice video plugin, perhaps it helps a bit. It has a lot of options so play with them, you never know

hagbard

From PJ64 game FAQ
Known Issues (what is a 'known issue'?)
none

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frequently Asked Questions (have you read Common Q&A ?)
Why is this game slow/jerky?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is this game slow/jerky?
The default video plugin is not terribly efficient at running this game, you may get better results from a 3rd party video plugin.

I read that Jabo's D3D 6 (force Normal Blending) & Rice work with it

KillerQ

Hey all,

Time to unearth this zombie of a thread.

What Is the reason that all the Yoshi's Story ROMS don't work? Is it because they all came from the same main source -- or is it that no matter who tries to create the ROM has trouble because of the nature of the game itself. I am just trying to figure out why all inherently suffer from the left side of the screen flickering... I really like this game too!

Matt

Last edited:

Jale

I know there's a corrupt version of this ROM which is the most common one. The other one works, but there's a video plugin issue (the half flickering screen). I don't know if this has already been solved in the upcoming version of Project64.

KillerQ

So,

Is there a Yoshi's story ROM & video plug in combination that will get rid of the screen flicker -- or not yet?

Thanks,

Matt!

spotanjo3

Let see..... try this but I am not sure if it works:

as for yoshi's story, use jabo's plugin and check "normal blender", everything under frame buffer, and check primary buffer textures under the rom settings.

OR

Start the game, go to Graphics Configuration> ROM Settings tab> set Emulated Width to '320', and Emulated Height to '240'. Bam, no flicker.

Last edited:

KillerQ

Actually,

There are 2 Jabo graphics plugins that come with PJ64. I switched to the one that wasn'tthe default, and Yoshi's story worked flawlessly! Actually every game worked just fine. The ONLY thing I noticed was that the WAVERACE logo in the begining of the waverace game has a vertical dashed line next to it.... that's all...

Matt