About The Half Life 2 Source Code...

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by El Fugitivo@Oct 15 2003, 07:05 PM
most people who want multiplayer want it for the next Counter-Strike, not Team Fortress or built-in multiplay.
Which will rely on the HL2 engine.
I think the delay is longer than it needs to be, and will only be justified if they change enough to make cheating from this leaked code base impossible.

El Fugitivo

Originally posted by Waz+Oct 15 2003, 11:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Waz @ Oct 15 2003, 11:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-El Fugitivo@Oct 15 2003, 07:05 PM
most people who want multiplayer want it for the next Counter-Strike, not Team Fortress or built-in multiplay.
Which will rely on the HL2 engine.
I think the delay is longer than it needs to be, and will only be justified if they change enough to make cheating from this leaked code base impossible. [/b][/quote]
Fair enough, I guess what I meant was kind of unreasonable (a multiplayer add-on that relied on a different enough engine to prevent cheating). I guess it wouldn't be so much an add-on as a completely new game. Meh, in any case I'm really not waiting for this game nearly as much as I am for Max Payne 2.

Fenix282

You wish you could be new
does anyone have the game working on their computers? i can get the game to load and thats about it. all i get is the main menu screen.
when i try to start a new game it does nothing. littlery.