Problem Wit Chrono Trigger

steve0o0

ok i have a lagg problem with chrono trigger (from the final fantasy chronicles). Whenever i am in the outside world (where you can walk around and choose to go into the town buildings, your house, ect.) The fps drops to around 30, but this only happens if i am moving around. if i stand still the fps goes back up to 60.

Now this doesnt happen when i am in a building or in menus and stuff like that.

my system specs are
p4 2.53 ghz
ati radeon 9700 pro
1 gig pc 3200 ddr

i know its not my system cuz its way higher than the requirements for epsxe.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
It might just be a rom problem, you could try downloading a different one and see if the same thing happens. But before you do that I would recommend messing around with the video settings.

steve0o0

not rom i own the game, im using the disc. its not a disc problem cuz i can play it fine on my ps2.

i did play wit the video settings before i made thread and i found that not having anything enabled in high res textures makes it so its not laggy when i am outside but then it would mean my system is not powerful enough and i know that is bull.

M.H.A.Q.S.

The problem is not with the game, but with the emulation. Try decreasing the resolution of the game.

steve0o0

but then the graphics will suck

edit: lowered resolution and the problem is still there, i even took it down to 640x480.

M.H.A.Q.S.

hmm, try the texture settings, they take a lot of speed, especially if you are using the Eagle and Kreed's etc.

The sound may also be a problem,try lowering the sound value.

Ahh and one more thing, ePSXe goes down on pre-rendered backgrounds (Hi-Res especially).

I tried it myself, and my system slowed down as well. Live with it, or wait for the next release, and surely try different plugins and their settings.