Satourne

HotMustardGas

Hi,

Me again I need to know if anyone can tell me how to set it up step by step from when I first turn it on to where I can get the BIOS.

P.S. = Please use lots of detail I'm new to everything

Thanks in advance

the_ghost

emu wizard
HotMustardGas said:
Hi,

Me again I need to know if anyone can tell me how to set it up step by step from when I first turn it on to where I can get the BIOS.

we'll help you set it up but we wont tell you where to get the BIOS (or ROM's), it's against the Rules.

Last edited:

hagbard

Better stick with SSF, it's way better :cool:

hagbard

Wrong, SSF it's by far the most advanced and compatible Saturn emulator.

Last edited:

hagbard

No problem, just reporting my feedback :p

sg1suite

I guess I'm just a stupid newbie, but if ssf and cassini are better than satourne, than why are they are so hard to configure? I haven't been able to configure one of these out, though I think I came the closest with satourne. It said I didn't have a sisc2 device, whatever that is .:msn_confu

hagbard

A bit old thread but I'll try to help you anyway. I won't try using Satourne, SSF it's far better but a SSE2 CPU is required: Pentium 4, Athlon XP and up CPUs. You need a very fast CPU, some say it works better on Athlon64

Fisrt install Daemon Tools, and find the Saturn Bios, try this one by yourself please. Now "mount" a Saturn ISO image with Daemon Tools.

Once you got the bios, got to SSF "Options" and select the "usa.rom", for example, as you bios file.
On "CD drive" choose the Daemon Tools virtual one.
Set "Area code" to match your bios region
You might also redefine your input on menu "hardware" -> "Controller1" then press the keys you want to use when is asked for.

The emulation should start automatically, but note that SSF will pop up and close after some config changes are made

Last but no least, check the SSF compatibility list