FF IX - No menus?

fi-deaith

It seems I cant see the battle menus in FF IX. the cut screans work fine. Maybe its my Video Plugin? Im useing gpuPeteOpenGL.dll

mhl12

there was a thread regarding this issue a long time ago. Try doing a search.

I remember it had something to do with the video plugin. Try different ones to see if they make a difference.

hagbard

Although it's good recommend to do a search, it's always good to read the emulators docs. The answer it's there most of the times, like this one.

Enable the Offscreen drawing with Pete's OGL/D3D plugin, and enabling the special game fix "G4 poligon cache" might help too

Last edited:

montpics

I doubt that fi-deaith is using an older version of ePSXe. Try to get the latest version of ePSXe 1.6.0 or preferably 1.5.2 as ePSXe 1.6.0 is found some problems on certain games.

Then configure any Pete's graphic plugin and click on 'Nice' setting. :)

fi-deaith

Thanks of the help guys.

Umm.. Im useing ePSXe 1.6.0 currently.. What games does it mess up with? Im only interested in RPGs (FF's, Crono trigger, Xenogears etc.) So, should I change now, or it is ok?

hagbard

You can stick with both, but for example Chrono Cross it's not working on 1.6.0.
Btw my answer was just enough :p

hagbard

Sure? Play with the Offscreen Drawing option, there's the key. Also I think FFIX crashes on ePSXe 1.6.0 somewhere

Last edited:

fi-deaith

I fixed it thanks to the search key.. I hate this sheach.. the word needs to be like 5 letters long to find anything lol. But ya, i fixed it now.

Damn.. Can I use the smae plugins that i have for 1.6.0 on 1.5.2?

hagbard

Of course you can

montpics

Unless you try messing with ePSXe registry, then you will be fine as both version use the same registry. ;)