PS 2 emulators SNES,NES,.......

Softy

Hey guys, long no see.
I was was very busy in studing, but now it's over!!!
I defended two days ago my diplom and now I'm engeneer of telecomunications!!! 5 years of studing is over!!!
So, i can play games again till begin of my work on phone station.
I have question about creating disk on PS 2 with playable SNES,NES,Genesis
games.Thanks to Hagbard, i downloaded progs and manuals.
But:
1.What is the swap trick to make emulator begin his work?
2. Which program can create this disk- it must be CD-XA mode 2 ? (is it has other name?)
I copied many disks on ps2 , but unable to copy / Kengo master of bushido/
Some guys told me to use cloneDVD for copying disks - this prog copies
ONLY DVD-video.
So I using Nero,Alcohol for DVD, and Alcohol,CloneCD for CD.
Disks must be written on 4x speed to be playable on real ps2.

hagbard

Hi, softy :)

1. Well, actually there're 2 "traditional" methods at least, the independece exploit one, and the Swap Magic discs. You need somthing to open the PS2 lid, like the Slide Card solution. Take a look here and here. There's another but you need Action Replay MAX too.

2. As for SNES, follow the FAQ at http://snes-station.gamebase.ca, it's a .pdf file. If your PS2 it's not modded, as I think, you need to get CDGen PS2 to make the CD. The same settings should work for the PGEN, the genesis PS2 emulator. There is a nice guide on the link and CDGEn too.
For the Nes emu, Imbnes (also works on a PSX), use the blunded rombank utility and follow this guide. You can test the generated Imbnes ISO emulating it and running a PSX emulator: it should work OK

About the PS2 CD, you might burn the generated ISOS with Nero (.nrg, .iso or cue/bin) for example, or with any good burning program by emulating your image with Daemon Tools then make a direct CD to CD copy. If you got an .iso image from a CD and you're *sure* it's a PS2 CD, you need to extract to RAW content (cue/bin) with software like IsoBuster or UltraIso. The burning speed it's not needed to be 4X but the adequate one. 32x works great for me.

About DVD burning programs, better stick with DVDDecrypter, it might burn many formats not only iso and works great. The burning speed it's not necessary 1x/2x, as most people would say, but the adequate for your DVD media (use the best possible: *real* Verbatim MCC, TDK, etc), burner and system. For my LG GSA-4160B, the best it's 8X but the maximum it's 12X. Get it here

Last edited: