Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best gameing laptop

Default best gameing laptop

Im looking into buying a laptop and am wondering. Who has the best laptop for gameing? Ive been looking arround and it seems that hp's top laptop is the cheapest and seems like it has ok hardware, but I havent delt much with all the requirements for todays gameing needs. Any help would be apprecitated.

Look at the Video Card specs, if possible get one with exclusive V-Ram, prefrably from Nvidia or Ati (avoid Intel gpu chipsets), but I think it's not the most usual.
    The legend will never die...

riaru na sekai ni yureteru kanjyou
    maketakunai
    mou tada hashiru shikanai kono mune ni
    kikoete kuru
    kimi wa hitori jyanai

If price isn't an issue, go for Alienware. They are overly expensive I have to admit but they make up for style and quality.

Crazed Poster

depends on what games you play. if you have the cash, get a Dell 9200 with go6800 graphics (17in, 1.6-2.1 dothan, less than 2k)

s
    I hate all of you, especially donkeyknob.

Talking Best Gaming Laptop

Depending on how much you want to spend.... You can get an Alienware Area 51 Laptop and customize to about $4,000.

If you go Dell, the XPS will do great. I think about 2,000- 3,000

I personal am stuck with an IBM R51 ($1,500)that my university gave to me my orientation day and cant afford a laptop out my own pocket.

Does run games decently, at Pentium M 1.5ghz, 512 Ram, and Intel Extreme GFX 2 at 64 Shared VRAM.

Get anything above 1.5 and if possible a non-celeron meachine with 512RAm or more and you will be fine and maybe at most spend $2,000

If the laptop has intel graphics, what will it be able to do. Will it be able to play a game like halo or doom 3, with all the eye candy turned off ?

If I was to use intel graphics what chipset would be best?
    Last edited by rogersstuart; June 12th, 2005 at 20:38.

Quote Originally Posted by rogersstuart
    If the laptop has intel graphics, what will it be able to do. Will it be able to play a game like halo or doom 3, with all the eye candy turned off ?

If I was to use intel graphics what chipset would be best?
    intel graphics is THE most basic graphics card. So no, playing halo or doom3 (or any other heavy graphics game) is kinda out of the question. You can play some other games such as Counter Strike, Diablo2, StarCraft, and Warcraft on that graphics card though.

Crazed Poster

intel integrated will play counterstrike and warcraft 3 poorly.
    I hate all of you, especially donkeyknob.

Quote Originally Posted by wsounitepirate895
    Depending on how much you want to spend.... You can get an Alienware Area 51 Laptop and customize to about $4,000.

If you go Dell, the XPS will do great. I think about 2,000- 3,000

I personal am stuck with an IBM R51 ($1,500)that my university gave to me my orientation day and cant afford a laptop out my own pocket.

Does run games decently, at Pentium M 1.5ghz, 512 Ram, and Intel Extreme GFX 2 at 64 Shared VRAM.

Get anything above 1.5 and if possible a non-celeron meachine with 512RAm or more and you will be fine and maybe at most spend $2,000
    I have to say say I agree I have a customized Alienware Area 51
    and I havent run into any game that I could not play smothly (Halo, Doom3, Half-Life 2,
    Counter-Strike Source (all of the steams game that I own), and a couple of other games run perfectly on my Area 51)
    expensive as hell though, but Im very happy
    Last edited by the_ghost; June 14th, 2005 at 07:38.

I was looking at the HP Pavilion zd8000, it looks pretty good for a desktop replacement & a gameing computer. But the ATI Mobility Radeon X600 graphics card looks a little weak to me. I was wondering if anyone had ever had this card in their laptop, and if so how did it fair when playing games. Thanks
    Last edited by rogersstuart; June 14th, 2005 at 21:59.

Thread Information