Chrono Trigger on epsxe 1.5.2 (lotsa problems)

GenesisX

I'm using epsxe 1.5.2 to run the FF Chronicles version of Chrono Trigger. So here are the problems. 1) When Frame Skipping is ON, the sound is fine (not laggy) but the animation sequence doesn't work (very choppy). When Frame Skipping is OFF, the animation works fine, but the sound is veery slooow. 2) I just started the game again (obviously :p) and I noticed that the world map, Crono himself, and lots of other things in the game are looking rather ghastly, as in they are transparent (or translucent...whichever is correct in this case). Either way, you can see through them. And this is quite common I assume, but 3) I don't remember the game being so choppy...

So anyway, if anyone knows how these can be fixed, please inform me. :) Thanks.

EDIT: Just searched Google and found that playing CT on a PSX was hell because of severe load time problems. Would you guys suggest that I just play this on my PS2 w/ the load time fix turned on?

Last edited:

hagbard

It would be good it you post your PC hardware too :cool:

Play it from an ISO image would help a lot. Also try another SPU plugins, Eternal, Peops...

Playing it on your PS2 should work OK, whenever you have an original from the same region than the console. If these requirements doesn't match, you'lll need either a modchip or use a swap method with a loader like Breaker Pro

Last edited:

GenesisX

lol, my PC. You'll die laughing at this:
800MHz AMD Duron (heh, w/ Win ME as an OS)
128MB RAM (yes, the myths are true...some people still have 128 RAM)
and uh...hmm. Oh
8mb ATI Rage Mobility gfx card (or something like that)
Pretty crappy, eh?

I think I might try it on the PS2 with fast loading thing turned on, and see how that is. My only worry was that I wouldn't have any save slots open on my old PSX mem cards, but I just cleared some up. Btw, do they even sell those anymore?

:p

Thanks for the advice tho. I may try those some time, but as you can see, my comp is pretty damn old anyway, so chances for optimal playing are probably slim.

hagbard

No problem with your PC, it's notso long I had a similar one ;)
Well, I think it's enough for PSX emulation. You might not get high resolutions nor color depth, but should work. Look at the system requeriments of ePSXe:

Recommended system configuration :
Pentium II 500 or faster

256 MB of RAM

A fast DirectX or Opengl compatible graphic card, e.g. the NVidia GeForce 2

Fast CD-ROM with good access times

Windows 2000 or XP

DirectX 8

There are some others emus such as PSXeven or SSSPSX work good. Pete's D3DGPU plugin should be more suitable for you too

Last edited: