Winamp5

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Um, switch to the Classic skin, use any of the 2.X or 3.X skins. You don't need to use the modern skin.

suckthismeat

I got that, just a little note that the modern skin sux

--edit--

at this point I just want to know what the story is behind the AAC codec. Is it worth a shit or should we just ignore the fact that it exists?

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
That it does.

suckthismeat

hmm, AAC is apparently the codec standard for mpeg2 and 4, as well as XM radio.... also I encoded Godsmack @128k/sec and It doesn't sound too bad... Might be worth it merely for the codecs

El Fugitivo

What I meant was it was the one that they used for stuff and things. I didn't realise it was used for mpeg, and I can't say as I've ever used XM. You learn something new (almost) every day.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Originally posted by suckthismeat@Jan 3 2004, 02:54 AM
is the modem setup for PnP or is it forced to a port? either way, try forcing it to com3 (if it is an isa modem)

If it is PCI, and NOT USRobotics, I dont have a clue...

I personally use the usrobotics hardware based pci modem and have never had any problems. Just ISA in PnP mode.
It is US Robotics as a matter of fact.

suckthismeat

then it should be supported directly by the kernel as a pci communications device on COM5(ttyS4) or at least thats how mine comes up... and kppp won't use com5 directly, you have to sym llink /dev/modem to /dev/ttyS4

J

Jet Set Willy

An interesting thing (perhaps) is that Winamp 2 put µ-ziq at the bottom of the playlist, Winamp 3 put it at the top, and now it's back at the bottom in Winamp 5.

El Fugitivo

Yeah, that was really interesting, Waz. :rolleyes:

heh, actually that is kind of odd. I wonder what it does with other symbols.

M.H.A.Q.S.

I think most of the time, Winamp5 resembles Winamp2. So what Waz said

An interesting thing (perhaps) is that Winamp 2 put µ-ziq at the bottom of the playlist, Winamp 3 put it at the top, and now it's back at the bottom in Winamp 5.

I think Winamp2 has something to do with this.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Epiphany: Winamp2 + Winamp3 = Winamp5

It makes sense since 5 really is a hybird of the two, and of course because 2 + 3 = 5.

I rest my case.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
<_< I will eat your face.