System Crash with all playstation emulators

maleas

Hello,let me describe you my problem.I was using epsxe 1.60 and i thought it was a wonderful emulator.However this emulator could not run properly Metal Gear Solid.

I decided to try pcsx(v1.50).The first time I used it metal gear was running perfectly.I don't know what exactly hapenned later,but either because I moved pscx to the same folder with epsxe or because of some configurations with the plug-ins,suddenly no playstaion emulator was working properly.First of all the controller plug-ins could not start for both.Don't ask me which I used,I downloaded all from this site's download page and put them to their folder.

My problem is the following:it seems that the configurations you do are saved somewhere and I don't know where.Somewhere in the registry perhaps?Anyway,if the emulators were not "remembering" the previous configurations,I think i would be able to run games again.I deleted the emus from my computer but when I redownload them they have the settings I used before deleting them and that should not be happening.

Last edited:

maleas

Thanks for nothing again, you do your business only with cash nowadays.If anyone experiences the same problem again,then do the following.In the start menu,go to "run" and type regedit.The registry editor opens.Open H_key_current_user_ and then software and delete epsxe and pcsx config key.

Re-install and reconfigure and voila.

mhl12

Messing around the registry editor is not recommended for computer novices. And we need info on which plugins you use to help you. That's why you didn't get any response. And lastly, this forum is THE most active one.

montpics

@maleas :
Keep in mind that no everyone is free during the time you are surfing the internet, even I myself was busy during the period given. Looks to me that you had dealt your problem after all. :)

@mhl12 :
True, messing with registry is not recommended to any users unless you know what you are doing. ;)