FFX Ingame Screenshots!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
If you were doing your usual check for emulator updates like I have you probably know the news by now. Shadow, one of the PCSX2 developers, has posted some screenshots of PCSX2 running Final fantasy X in game. Here is a small sample:

ffx_01.jpg

ffx_02.jpg

ffx_03.jpg

For more information and pictures head over to the PCSX2 website.

Last edited:

hagbard

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
does anybody know if they used the actual cd or did they use a rom that you can download?

Zach

We go over this all the time. CD-Based systems do not have ROMS. THey have ISO's or other formatted CD Images, just like every other CD-based data format... You can download them just like any other type of data.

At this point its not really important I figure. They just want to show they are making progress. Not that I'd want to play that POS, even on an emulator

Lukelaw86

So this game actually works with a CD on the pcsx2 or just some pictures just to fool us around.If so there must be a catch!!

montpics

On second thought, how could that person reach that far during gameplay? I could doubt that person might have been playing too long with FFX before sending those sceenshots. :cool:

Lukelaw86

Well the pcsx2 site says is not fully playable so you do have a point montpics.That is why I say that maybe they put the screenshots just to fool us.

montpics

Lukelaw86 said:
Well the pcsx2 site says is not fully playable so you do have a point montpics.That is why I say that maybe they put the screenshots just to fool us.
PCSX2 team never said it is 100% fully unplayable in normal speed, only around 1-10% depends on PC specs. :cool:

For that pics, I don't think that would be a hoax as the pics were posted by CKemu himself as he is one of PCSX2 beta tester. Probably took some of the PS2 save files.

@mhl12 :
That's too old! That was the demo shots from the FFX. :p

Lukelaw86

Yesterday I was bored and wanted to play this game so bad that I tried it myself.I tried to play Metal Slug 4,Digimon Rumble Arena 2,Metal Gear Solid 2 and of course FFX.Guess what,all of them works just only one problem.....It is slowish :( ....... :laugh:

mhl12

montpics said:
@mhl12 :
That's too old! That was the demo shots from the FFX. :p

oh... oops. But still, I don't really see the difference in any of these shots.

Anyway, it's getting around there.. maybe in a few months to a year? :D

G

Gigashock

CKEmu made those screenshots and made download of the save to the memcard from a very recent version of ps2 demo disc. but for people that don't have it he and everyone who want to are distribuiting memcard file s(extension ps2) with saves for the various games. Someone even posted a link to a thread with a guide on how to put your own ps2 save games from your actual ps2 memcard, but for this you need a PS2<->PC link of some sort. like for example naplink(USB-USB) or pukklink(PS2Ethernet-PCorRouterEthernet) you need that to make download of the files from your actual memcard to your pc.

G

Gigashock

Hey LukeLaw86 could you tell the config you used for MGS2? cause i couldn't get anything with it, not even a little image.

PS:How About making a post just like the one in ngemu about sharing save files? now everyone knows how to do it we could share saves. right?:D but we should start with different saves than the ngemu's forum.