How do u play ROMs on PS2?

DJFury

Hi all, complete newbie here if you guys can help that would be great! :D

I currently have a modded PS2 and have an NES emulator with 1000 NES games burned onto 1 CD. I just pop the CD into my PS2 and it loads the emu with the list of games to choose from which I can play right off that 1 CD

1) Is it possible to have a PS1 or SNES emulator burned onto 1 CD or DVD along w/ all the ROMS so I can just pop it into my PS2 and play? Or do I need to burn the emu and ROMs on separate discs?

2) If they need to be on separate discs, how DO you burn the ROMs and emu onto a CD anyway, just burn as an ISO? Can I burn multiple ROMs onto one DVD and will the emu show it as a list of games to choose from, or does it have to be 1 ROM = 1 disc?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

hagbard

1) You con't need a PS1 emulator for PS2, if you want to play bakups you'll need modchip installed or use a swap method.
As for SNES, Snes-station, that works great.

2) The emu might be on PS2 hd or MC, and the roms the same

DJFury

shoot *duh* i'm so stupid, of course I don't need an emu for PS1 games.

How do I load the emu and roms onto the HD? Can I burn the emu and roms onto DVD instead and play off of that, and if so, how? A linky or tutorial would be awesome, thanks!

the_ghost

emu wizard
DJFury said:
shoot *duh* i'm so stupid, of course I don't need an emu for PS1 games.

How do I load the emu and roms onto the HD? Can I burn the emu and roms onto DVD instead and play off of that, and if so, how? A linky or tutorial would be awesome, thanks!

go to the link that hagbard posted. It has all the info you need to play snes games on your ps2. and yes you can play directly from the cd but it cannot be a dvd and you shorten the names of the roms, also the CD-R can be no bigger than 640mb 74min.( well it cant be a 80min 700mb CD-R, anything lower than that should work)
(the emulator and roms should be on the same CD)

http://snes-station.gamebase.ca/index.htm
there are tuturials on how to make playable snes station CD on the link posted above. btw you need acrobat reader to read the tutorial