(epsxe) Saga Frontier: problem w/ text box

GenesisX

I'm using epsxe 1.5.2 (because I also play FF9 with it and I heard 1.5.2 is better for FF9), and I have a slight problem with the game SaGa Frontier. The game runs pretty much smoothly and everything (except for the occasional hiccup in the FPS), but the in-game text boxes (and other text that shows up on the screen) is sort of jumbled with whatever text was LAST showed, so it's really hard to read. So if Character 1 said something now, and then soon after that he said something else, the second text box would contain bits of text from the first text box. So, as an example, [text 1] "Yesterday I went to the grocery store" and [text 2] "I was eating ice cream" combines to form [the hard to read text that I see in-game] "I was eating ice cream.he grocery store" as the second text box. Basically, the newest text is just slapped on top of the older text (and for some reason the older text hasn't been erased.....it's still there).
...Is that description understandable? Anyhow, does anybody know how to fix this or even have a clue on how I might be able to fix it? Thanks.

Last edited:

hagbard

With Pete's D3D or OGL/OGL2, you might try this:

Set the "off screen drawing" to higher level, 3 or 4. Also check the "Special upload detection" on "Special game fixes". Otherwise, give a try to Peops Soft GPU plugin

It might work better another emulator such as PSXeven or SSSPSX. As for SSSPSX, use default input & CDr plugins (only plays ISOs), and for GPU and SPU you can select Pete's, Peops & Eternal with no problem.

GenesisX

Okay, I'll try those things. And also, I just took some screenshots to clarify any confusions of my description of what I'm seeing.
red1.jpg

red2.jpg

red3.jpg

I'll go mess with the settings now. ;)

GenesisX

Hmm, tried what you suggested with the off-screen drawing and special fixes, but the same thing still happens. Very odd...
I guess I'll go try the Peops plugin now.

Edit: Tried peops, but it did the same thing that Pete's did. It's a shame really, cuz other than that, the game works perfectly fine. But since this bug will prolly bother me for the rest of the game (being that I can't read anything being said), I guess I'll just play it on the PS2 then.
Thanks for the suggestions tho. :)

Last edited: