Tales of Destiny II / Tales of Eternia, Help needed please

Newbage

Hi all, it's my first time posting on this forum. I recently got into ps emulation. I'm using epsxe 1.6.0 and and playing western relase of Tales of Eternia (Tales of Destiny II)

THe problem i have has something to do with the video plugin. I've gotten to chambard for the first time. There is what im assuming to be a heat wave effect (to emphasise that it's really hot, everything is wavy) except on my screen, all of the wavy parts are black. This means that there are basically thick thick black lines ascending the screen. I can only see in the tiny slits between the black portions. What's worse is that Efreet's cave is also like this. Can anyone recommend a course of action on how to correct this? I can't advance in the game at all because i cant see squat. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

montpics

Oh that one, you need to use other plugins to make it visible. I forgot which one though. And I'm pretty sure that it's not Pete's. :cool:

Newbage

Thanks alot man. At least i know it's not hopeless anymore lol. If anyone knows knows the name and version of the plugin that i need please post it. I had a hunch that i might have needed a new plugin so i tried a bunch of them. I currently have:

Everyone of petes that i could find (D3D, DX^ D3D, OpenGL, OpenGL2, TNT)
Foxfire open GL 1.7
Duddie's Soft 1.9
Kazzuya Soft 1.3 (i think)
Knack's Soft 0.84
Lewpy's 3dfx/glide 1.19
Nik's Direct 3D 1.25
Null Driver 0.2
Segu Direct 3D 1.3
Zen OpenGL 0.3

My head is spinning from all this fruitless video pluggin hunting, configuring and testing @_@. If anyone could tell me which one i need and where to get it i would praise you as a saint. Thanks

Newbage

Well Scratch that last post. I just happened upon the P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.15 and for the love of all that is good and holy, it worked! So for future reference, if anyone has this problem, that's is one of the plugins to get.

hagbard

PEOPS = Pete's open source soft GPU, by Pete & PEOPs team so... :rolleyes:

montpics

hagbard said:
PEOPS = Pete's open source soft GPU, by Pete & PEOPs team so... :rolleyes:
I thought the one that used is Pete's SoftGPU or some sort like that. (Still remember a bit though :p )