New Game Boy!

onemic

i think so too. I ha a game gear myself. But gb cost much less, while game gear cost a ton plus their werent that many games for it

TiredBoy

Watch the E3 press conference. Nintendo says that it isn't marketed towards people who have Game Boys already, but for the fashionable people. They use the iPod in an analogy, and IMO, it's a fair comparison - multiple looks (in faceplates), really portable size, etc.

And the DS was partially an experimental platform, if I paraphrase one of my friends correctly. It wasn't meant to succeed the GBA/GBA SP.

the_ghost

emu wizard
Nintendo says that it isn't marketed towards people who have Game Boys already, but for the fashionable people

wow... interesting comment, but i still think it sucks.
while nintendo says they might not be marketing the mini gameboy towards
people who already have a gamboy, in the back of thier minds thats what
they are hoping will happen.

People will see the new gameboy and think "hey thats cool, its small, customizable, and is fashonable. Hey im gonna get rid of my GBA:SP to get that gameboy."

And the fact that they are using the ipod as an analogy makes it even more appealing to the people who are gonna buy it.

Last edited:

TiredBoy

Ha. That's what ran through my mind when I heard that. I completely agree: why pass up on a potential market? It's just an unstated fact that they're marketing to more than the target audience.

onemic

even tough they said the ds wasnt meant to succeed the gba they knew it was. No one cares for the gba now. they all have their ds's

TiredBoy

I'd beg to differ. Granted, I'm only one person in a sea of several billion, but I don't know of a single DS owner, and that includes quite a few GBA/SP owners from both Asia and America - one of them being a cousin who's been crazy enough to own almost every system made since the NES.

Maybe you're right. But I'd highly doubt that the 97% of the 25% of the video game purchases (which is probably a Nintendo-beefed stat taken out of context, anyway) made are solely DS purchases.

ragericho

PhatPlaya said:
The first Gameboy sucked for it's time..
I think GameGear was way better. :D

u and the other 5 people who owned one every 1 had gameboy naturally because it owned

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
just found someting new out about the this gameboy micro. It MIGHT play mp3's and mp4 video files. And they said it was aimed at people that havent got a GBA but GBA owners are gonna want this now.