Finding IP of site?

mhl12

Hi, I was wondering if there was way of finding the IP for another forum that I go to. I'm asking because that's the only way to access it at my school since they blocked the url.

Thanks for your help!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Here is an example: open a command prompt and type ping forums.emulator-zone.com

That will give you the IP the domain is pointing at.

mhl12

Lefteris_D said:
Here is an example: open a command prompt and type ping forums.emulator-zone.com

ok thx I'm gonna try that when I get home because my school also disabled command prompt for students. lol

the_ghost

emu wizard
Lefteris_D said:

thats cool
i didnt know you could do that

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
you can use wujie at your school its an an ultrareach site so it basiclly blocks whatever firewall you have at school. Xstop is what i have at my school.and the site is in chinese but its pretty easy to use just type the site name at the bar on top.(looks like a search bar but starts with the http//: thing)

Last edited:

mhl12

ok thanks.. one question though. is it safe? because when i click on the link a security popup shows up saying that it doesnt have a certificate of authentification or something like that...

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
yes its safe. i felt the same way you do when i found it.