Project64 Problems

Griven20009

One day out of the blue my Project 64 went crazy and hasnt quite recovered its sanity.

before i start here are my specs:
cpu: Intel P4 2.20Ghz
Video: 32mb Intel Intergrated Extreme Graphics
sound: Sound Max Intergrated Digital Audio
Memory: 640mb

now back to problem @ hand

No mater what rom i open after a minute or when i'm really getting into to the game. Gong!!! P64 either crashes or i get this "Access Violation"
While processing graphics data an exception occurred
you may need to restart emulator

Ive even try using 1964 but it crashes too.

all my drivers are up to date. I ran anti virus , spy ware remover, regestry scubs. After try everything i could think of i just wiped out everything and started over with a fresh instaltion of XP. Got a fresh copy of P64 and guess what? Still have the same problem. What Can/Should I Do beside obvious get a Real Graphics/Sound Card

Last edited:

TheHeggy

If you updated your video card drivers recently, that might be the problem. I updated my ATI Radeon 9600 driver and all the sudden LimeWire wouldn't load, so I'd probably roll it back a version or two. Sort of like how I have to use a really old version of the ATI drivers in order to play KOTORII without it being retarded... Other than that, I really dunno as I haven't had too much experience with N64 emulation ;)

hagbard

Project 64 v1.6 User Manual said:
Is the problem a limitation of your video hardware? Do you meet the recommended specification? Remember that different games and different parts of games use different hardware features - only the recommended or better hardware can display everything the plugin is capable of. If you have poorer hardware, you may be able to get better results from older versions of the video plugin, which use less complex effects. You can see whether any problem is a limitation of your system or a bug in the emulator by selecting Reference Rasterizer in the video plugin options and comparing the result to normal Direct3D HAL - if the problems dissappears in Reference Rasterizer, it's your fault, if it doesn't, it's the emulator's fault. Basically.

I think it's your integrated graphics card. It has been reported non working on some emulator, and if I'm not mistaken was so on some older PJ64 version. Sorry for that.