Valkyrie Profile getting stuck

montpics

LOL if i was waiting for someone to help...anyway i solved he problem to not crash on that part the option ``audio out method`` must be the ''SPU async`` in case someone went in this problem, since is HARD get any help on this board..
Problem solved, Darkside?

DarkSide

Its cool man, i found the answer to my question just searching a little bit, but still epsxe has some bugs on this game, is hard make him perfect on VP. :excl:

F0RSAKEN

Hey Everyone i am still having the same problem just after they have found the princess and she has been turned into a demon..
i have tried what darkside said and it has not worked for me
i have tried running it off the CD but no good there
If anyone could help i would be very grateful

And those who think nothing beats the original console? why the hell are u talking in an emulation forum... go away???
PS1 has not got netplay or maybe i am just missing something?
no save states no pad of your choice
and dont blame anyone because your still using a 19 inch LCD screen
you dont get memory cards in a 128kb file

montpics

Hey Everyone i am still having the same problem just after they have found the princess and she has been turned into a demon..
i have tried what darkside said and it has not worked for me
i have tried running it off the CD but no good there
If anyone could help i would be very grateful
What kind of problem exactly? The game itself jammed?

And those who think nothing beats the original console? why the hell are u talking in an emulation forum... go away???
I doubt that you'd missed the whole point. :glare:
PS1 has not got netplay or maybe i am just missing something?
There IS one but still not very good.
no save states no pad of your choice
and dont blame anyone because your still using a 19 inch LCD screen
you dont get memory cards in a 128kb file
Still don't understand.

DarkSide

What kind of problem exactly? The game itself jammed?

If hes having the same problem as i had, its when argrim says ``i would be quite happy to kill that stinky naive...[then after this part the sound cut anf it frezze]..but i have more important things to do`` im not sure if its this the line i dont remember well at the moment. i solve this problem checking the option ``spu async`` on the configuration of the sound plugin.

Last edited:

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
Does anybody played until the end?
Uh, i just wanna add something from my experience:).

Last year i played using epsxe and it fine. On chapter 8/9 (forgot which one...) i meet a boss and the game freeze on conversation. I convert memcard file and continue fight it on vgs/bleem (forgot again...), save, then i convert it back to epsxe memcard type. continue it on epsxe til the last boss.

Is this problem still around?, just in case if i want to play VP again:).

Gas.Firefly

Hello, I know this thread is old, but I believe it more efficient and time saving to bring up an old thread than to make a new one.

I am just beginning to play this game, and have just made it to the part where you leave in a Caravan with another guy (can't remember his name) for a job given to you by "Agent". As you're walking, there's some short dialog and you are informed that you are being followed by Knights.

A monologue proceeds (where the black screen appears and the text rolls across as he speaks). He says "The dust looked to have been kicked up by a group of Artolian Cavalry." and attempts to say "It seemed like they were chasing something, but". Well, it says the first thing, the entire thing, then the dreaded "No sound freeze" happens, and the second part of the monologue doesn't play. As usual, the music stayed around, but Arngrim didn't speak, and game refuses to move forward.

Specifics

I am running ePSXe 1.6 with the the SCPH1001 BIOS. I am running Valkyrie Profile from an ISO (the discs used to rip the ISO were seemingly spotless, and I have tested this scene on the PS1 and it isn't the disc.) I ripped it using ISOBuster. I also tried using Daemon Tools. Problems persist with both methods.

Video: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.8
Code:
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.8
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 1
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on 
- Screen filtering: on 
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: on 
- Game fixes: on  [00000000]

Sound: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41

Screen Shot: http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10/9/275918/ss1.jpg

NOTE: It seems that every time I reset ePSXe it turns off the SPU IRQ hack, but I've made sure to turn it on when testing this particular scene.

System Specs

System: http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10/9/275918/ss2.jpg

Video: http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10/9/275918/ss3.jpg

Sound: http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10/9/275918/ss4.jpg

Anyone know of any solutions?

Last edited:

montpics

The question goes as whether ePSXe can fully compatible with Window Vista as the emulator was released BEFORE Window Vista. The configration seemed fine.

Unfortunately, I don't have Window Vista in which I can't help much with it. (I currently using WinXP) Unless someone has a better solution with it.

Note : You may try it out with the latest beta of Eternal SPU which can be found here.

>CLICK HERE!<

shing0

Seems this old gem still gets played once in a while. So for the sake of those who run into this "Freeze" problem and search the net for a solution, let me post what worked for me: Do not use asynchronous SPU.

Long explanation of (what I think) is the problem that causes the freeze:

As you may have noticed, the freeze only happens during those spoken monologues (or scenes alike to those). The programmers used a smart way of determining when to progress to the next scene: They waited for the sound file of the spoken lines to end playing. Now, on a genuine PS Hardware, that's not a problem since CPU and SPU work in sync automatically, they're not affected by emulation delays... now we got emulation and things suffer delays. What happens is that the SPU stutters and jumps and most likely "misses" the point where it has to inform the CPU that it finished playing it's soundfile and that the CPU has to continue loading.

My personal "freeze favourite" was the scene where Arngrim said he would rather kill that knave. It seems that there were actually two seperate soundfiles to be played... that "I got better things to do" one never got to play in async, hence it never ended, hence the scene never progressed.

I'm using Eternal SPU, turning Audio Out Method to Thread solved the freeze problem (and made the playback stuttery like hell:)

Hope that helps some people here. Note: It won't help if you savestate at the frozen screen and reload there, that train is already gone, you have to load a savestate before the freezehappy part finished. I usually simply smashed my savestate the moment one of these spoken dialogues or monologues started playing.

Dhaikirai

Getting stuck at "Aelia" should be known here o_O
Can do what i want, won't work. Just sux..

Using XP, Hardware is enough.. Played Bioshock etc.

Getting nuts from the fucking shit. Played these "Aelia" Scene again and again.. drives me crazy...

using Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.75( others will work, but this is just fine, played the whole game with it)
ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2. worked fine, just at the end of a sentence you wont hear the rest.. but i never had it better..
i tried sound plugins here posted.. and even settings, but it stucks at 2 points of "Aelia" i only can proceed to the second problem...

What the hell should and can i do?
There must be the possibility to solve that piece of crap

Ah. i using deamon tools..and Pete's CDR ASPI/IOCTL Driver 1.9(was using other before worked fine too.)

maybe there is a way to solve it.. o_O just want to play further...

Edit: Its crap, i know.. but i solved it o_O
it only works if i load from memory.. but have to reboot the emulator then press continue ... load the fucking state get the fucking scene and go fucking further.. ^^ wasted 3 hours though.

Last edited:

Lexx

Try to use "pSX" emulator, not ePSXe. It has his own plug-ins and works properly for this game.

charlel

While attempting to transfer Lucian to get Ending A im getting stuck with Lenneth floating with period countdown after transfering Lucian not matter how many times i tried i can't get out while pressing the buttons, I'm using the psx v1.13 emulator.