Valkyrie Profile getting stuck

hagbard

This looks to be PSXeven, so it might an emulator bug. Perhaps ePSXe 1.5.2 , or other GPU plugin works better: Peops soft GPU should work. Also would be god to know about the plugins you're using

Surtur

hmmm sorry doesn't work either, even with ePSXe 1.5.2 or higher version or the Plug-Ins you recommended.

Is there any way to get some kind of pre-set emulator?

hagbard

Pete's D3D % OGL GPU plugins offer a "Copy settings to clipboard", so I paste here what I often use.

Code:
Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on 
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on 
- Mask bit: on 
- Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

SPU: Eternal default , SPUasync

CDr: PEopS default , ASPI , Auto detect , Caching: Async Read

Tomorrow I'll try deeply Valkyrie Profile.

Last edited:

montpics

Weird, as I never had that kind of that problem with ePSXe 1.6.0 on that game (both version, Japanese and English).

What did you do before that screen showed up?

Surtur

well I used ISO-Buster to get the ISO files from my Download, I loaded all the plug-ins, that were recommended here. startet the ePSXe and used the Wizard Guide.

Then I chose run ISO.

The game started , as is well so far.

In the game's first menu screen I choose: New Game --> difficulty : Normal

the the "Retry" symbol appears.

hagbard

I'd delete the whole registry entries of ePSXe, with regedit. It's documented on the help file

montpics

hagbard said:
I'd delete the whole registry entries of ePSXe, with regedit. It's documented on the help file
I don't think it had something to do with the registry but the CD or CD image itself failed...... :rolleyes:

Hmmm, BIOS' faulty maybe?

hagbard

Maybe, imho it's also good to check another BIOS although ePSXe authors talk about an emulation bug more than that. Anyway, SCPH-1001 and SCPH-7502 are the most recommend because have been mainly tested. Since some people is having the same problem looks to me an emulator/plugin problem though (they might got the mame image dump but who knows)

Sephiroth56

This actually happens to me quite a bit... Most frustrating has been Aelia, Lorenta (or was it Mystina)... and right now I'm getting stuck with Lucian.
Annoying, but I've gotten through.

Pinioto

Does anyone know what to do when the monologue (text with voices) doesn't finish the sentence. it is really anoying. The game is valkyrie profile. SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!
:( :( :( :(

shijoku

I think I found the problem. It's save states. I'd been using save states the whole time, and I read that on another forum. So I saved the game on the "memory card", reset, and reloaded the data from the memory card and it worked the first time.

I use Pete's OpenGL Drive 1.76
Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 with both SPU IRQ's enabled for Valkyrie Profile, and the reverb off - otherwise default settings.
SaPu's CD-Rom Plugin 1.0

montpics

I think I found the problem. It's save states. I'd been using save states the whole time, and I read that on another forum. So I saved the game on the "memory card", reset, and reloaded the data from the memory card and it worked the first time.

I use Pete's OpenGL Drive 1.76
Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 with both SPU IRQ's enabled for Valkyrie Profile, and the reverb off - otherwise default settings.
SaPu's CD-Rom Plugin 1.0
That's not a real problem as mine runs fine with that kind of method (save states).

But it could be wiseable that you saved the game in 'Memory Card' as well. (Highly recommended. Who knows when your save states doesn't work at all.) ;)

DarkSide

Hum this thread is old but i was not feeling like make a whole new thread about the same subject...anyway, im having the same problem, but just one thing i think strange about this emulator, on my computer the graphics are horrible, plus the sound all bad..im sure yall will say its my computer...but how come ``emurayden`` run all my cds at full speed, graphics EVERYTHING PERFECT???? i cant understand this emulator, in my opinion theres no other word to this emulator... ``piece of S**`` anyway, dude get emurayden and you can play valkirie profile at full speed, graphics and all. :happy:

montpics

Hum this thread is old but i was not feeling like make a whole new thread about the same subject...anyway, im having the same problem, but just one thing i think strange about this emulator, on my computer the graphics are horrible, plus the sound all bad..im sure yall will say its my computer...but how come ``emurayden`` run all my cds at full speed, graphics EVERYTHING PERFECT???? i cant understand this emulator, in my opinion theres no other word to this emulator... ``piece of S**`` anyway, dude get emurayden and you can play valkirie profile at full speed, graphics and all. :happy:
Then you should know that once you're in the world, the whole screen would be black and you can't see anything. Plus, [pec] is not supporting that emulator.

DarkSide

Then you should know that once you're in the world, the whole screen would be black and you can't see anything. Plus, [pec] is not supporting that emulator.

No no my friend, theres no black screen im telling you, the game run without any problem, in another hand this emulator stuck when argrim is talking about jelanda [after that part where argrim and bradack are on a three.] and he says that he wouldnt mind of kill bradach....if im not mistaken when i played on my playstation that part of the game had some kind of a song...but on this emulator theres nothing and the screen freeze on that part...oh by the way the ``japanese`` cd is the one i have, and it doesnt stuck on the world scene. ;) but if you guys know how to solve this problem on the psxe. :)

Last edited:

montpics

Actually I DID try with both versions (English & Japan) using emurayden and still gave me the same result. Unless, that emulator had been updated.

DarkSide

Oh about this i dont know...but i just cant play valkyrie profile on epsxe, do you know how to solve this? its exactly on that part where argrim says ``I'd would have been quite happy to kill that stinky knave...`` then the sound is cut and it freeze...do you know why this is happening?

DarkSide

LOL if i was waiting for someone to help...anyway i solved he problem to not crash on that part the option ``audio out method`` must be the ''SPU async`` in case someone went in this problem, since is HARD get any help on this board..