Can I play Sonic CD on Gens?

hypershadow22

Yes, you can. I actually have a question for all of the people here. I got sonic cd, am using the correct sega cd bios, and have all of the music files, But no music plays except for sometimes in the past. My emulator is kega fusion for mac os x intel. Please Help!!

flamingo24

Sui Generis Avis
kega homepage said:
Currently SegaCD support is via BIN/CUE only

atm only bin/cue is supported for the mac version, mp3/other audio formats are not supported. convert the mp3 files to wav, open the cue & edit the file extensions to .wav from .mp3, and burn to a disc or mount, then rip to a bin/cue and try.

Last edited:

TheJudasCow

I know this thread is old, but in my search for answers this thread kept coming up. Here is my problem.

Sonic CD

Just like at the very beginning of this thread, I cannot get past the first screen (the one that says "Press Start Button" on the Sega CD opening screen), after I press ANY button it takes me to that music player.

However, I'm using NeoGenesis on my modded xbox.

I've got all the right updated bios, everything is iso'ed, mp3'd and zipped correctly, and the file launches, but it never takes me past that first screen. I played with the controller/joypad settings and nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I know this thread is old, but in my search for answers this thread kept coming up. Here is my problem.

Sonic CD

Just like at the very beginning of this thread, I cannot get past the first screen (the one that says "Press Start Button" on the Sega CD opening screen), after I press ANY button it takes me to that music player.

However, I'm using NeoGenesis on my modded xbox.

I've got all the right updated bios, everything is iso'ed, mp3'd and zipped correctly, and the file launches, but it never takes me past that first screen. I played with the controller/joypad settings and nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

Just checking your ISO isn't zipped is it?.

Hrothgar

My copy of Sonic CD is like that as well. It plays well enough, with the music and all. As long as you can get the ISO to work, it should be fine. The only reason why the mp3 files are separate, is because it cut back on file size, which was a lot more important when more people had dial-up.

Interestingly, that's one of the first questions I asked at EZ myself.

Last edited:

MathewVictor

Ok, here's the problem I'm having. It will read the CD, but it won't run the game. It runs some strange SEGA music player. It IS able to play the music from the game, but I can't get it to run the actual game. I've tried it on KEGA as well and it couldn't even find the disc. I MUST play Sonic CD again! I'm running into the traditional dino2d.dll can't be found problem when I run it without the emulator, so I thought that maybe the emulator would help. Is this even possible?

hi,
http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/dino2d.dll/

u can go to this site...this will help in case of missing or download dll's or errors in dll's..!
I also registered few dll's from this site...worked in my case :)

pop py

I have a problem with sonic cd. Music loops wrong. For example, when I'm in Tidal Tempest Good, it also plays like 20 seconds of Tidal Tempest Bad before looping. My rom is ISO+MP3, emulators are Gen and Gen+.

I want to know, does emulator even look at cue file? Or it's for burning physical rom only?

It's so hard to find japanese rom, just wow.

AaronFrorp

Can I play Sonic CD on Gens

As you might guess, Im playing Sonic Chronicles: TDB at the moment. Id reccomend it to anyone, if you were wondering.

So, play and post then.

Edit: Does anyone know when Knux or Omega gets Smash III?

EmulatorLowdown

EmulatorLowdown.com
I personally used KEGA Fusion emulator it was much easier to get SONIC CD running.

Monica90

Hi,it IS able to play the music from the game, but I can't get it to run the actual game. I've tried it on KEGA as well and it couldn't even find the disc. I MUST play Sonic CD again this fa fa fa slot
! I'm running into the traditional dino2d.dll can't be found problem when I run it without the emulator, so I thought that maybe the emulator would help

Last edited: