Can I play Sonic CD on Gens?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Post a pic of what you got.

DarkSide

pbdizayn said:
Post a pic of what you got.

Damm i dont know how to do this bro? i'm having problems with the game files, i put all the bios on the right position, options/misc/files, then cpu ''perfect syncro slow'' the problem is with the games, when i finish the download, came 2 rar files, one saying ''afterburnerIII.rar.part1 and another one saying the same thing but part.2'', then i double click on the first one, and appear 1 a rar file called afterburnerIII.iso, after him has a list of mp3 files, afterburner III 02.mp3, afterburner III 03.mp3....'' so i select all the mp3 files and put on a folder, then i did the same thing on the other file ''part.2'' but have the same thing, then i try click on the rare file that says ''afterburner III.iso'' but appear a bunch of files ''.bin'' so i read all that read me thing and they say that dont have to extract that rar file. iso, that i must just open it, but nothing happend man. sorry for my ignorance and this huge post but i dont have a clue of what i'm doing. :( i also download some images called screenshots but this i dont know how to use too.

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Be sure to have the two RARs (part1 and 2) in the same directory. Right-click on the part1 and choose extract. Now you will have one .iso and several .mp3's. Load the ISO with Gens or Kega. You can delete the RARs if you want.

DarkSide

alcoatjez said:
Be sure to have the two RARs (part1 and 2) in the same directory. Right-click on the part1 and choose extract. Now you will have one .iso and several .mp3's. Load the ISO with Gens or Kega. You can delete the RARs if you want.

damm my english is awful man same directory is the same folder? and to where i extract the part 1?

i did this now appear a rar file saying ''afterburnerIII''

Last edited:

DarkSide

oh i have another question here to nt make another thread, i'm playing sonic cd but have something real strange, on the first stage the sound is perfect, but on the second stage all i can hear is the song, the soundfix i guess is this the name, desapear, i can listen to the rings and the sound when sonic crush a enemy, whats wrong with this?

hagbard

Probably you got some beta version of Sonic CD, this is what Ghost find out.

DarkSide

hagbard said:
Probably you got some beta version of Sonic CD, this is what Ghost find out.

Thanks, so i need find another version? i can't fix this one? and most important, how can i reconize if is not a beta version?

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
how can i reconize if is not a beta version?
It will work perfect. ;)

DarkSide

-=VampyR=- said:
It will work perfect. ;)

Thanks Man , i'm actually having some problems with this sega games, i have mortal kombat 2 for 32x, and the graphics are awesome if u will compare to genesis, but have some bug or something that the player moves are messed up, for example, i'm playing with sub zero, i walk with him but his legs are frozen,the cpu are hit me with punches but we can see his fists, some ish like that. this is the same problem?

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
this is the same problem?
It could be a bad dump.Make sure you do not have a faulty 32X bios.
I never heard of it but,who knows ?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
If you have one of these ROMs they should be correct.

Code:
game (
	name "[32X] Mortal Kombat II (E)"
	description "[32X] Mortal Kombat II (E)"
	rom ( name "[32X] Mortal Kombat II (E).32x" size 4194304 crc 211085ce )
)

game (
	name "[32X] Mortal Kombat II (JU)"
	description "[32X] Mortal Kombat II (JU)"
	rom ( name "[32X] Mortal Kombat II (JU).32x" size 4194304 crc 773c0a85 )

hagbard

You can also try Kega Fusion, last version it supposed to be the best 32x emulator (and Sega CD, Genesis, etc), and don't even need the BIOS

Ruhtra

I didn't know where else to post this, so I'll post here.

I have a bit of a dilemma here. I'm trying to play the NHL '94 CD, and it doesn't work on both Gens and Fusion. What happens is I load the game, I press start, and it comes to the screen with Sonic and the Sega logo, but after that, it's just black and does not advance. The same thing happens with the ISO. So I am a bit confused as to what to do, even after reading through what has been posted here in this topic. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Ruhtra said:

I have a bit of a dilemma here. I'm trying to play the NHL '94 CD, and it doesn't work on both Gens and Fusion. What happens is I load the game, I press start, and it comes to the screen with Sonic and the Sega logo, but after that, it's just black and does not advance. The same thing happens with the ISO. So I am a bit confused as to what to do, even after reading through what has been posted here in this topic. Any help would be appreciated.
Maybe you have a corrupted BIOS.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Ruhtra said:

Did you try enabling the 'perfect synchro' option?

DarkSide

I'm sorry let me go off topic here , is that this question is so simple to make a thread, i have gens 2.11 and i love this emulator, but before i send it my computer to fix, all the times i open my emulator the window of gens appear with no problem, now that i get my computer back all the time i open my emulator, my screen goes black and change the size of my screen, i'm not talking about the screen of the emulator, the screen of my computer and this is really anoying, theres anything that i could do to when i open the emulator the window just appear without changing the size of my screen? :msn_confu