Can I play Sonic CD on Gens?

Genome

north west south west
if you do want to make an iso then use this link

http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

its a simple easy to use program that will let you make backups of all of your games..including sonic cd! that way you can run iso files.

p.s. you may want to consider that you incorrectly set up your bios. ( i had my psx bios set up incorrectly for almost a year and i could swear it was all perfectly ready to play)

****EdIt****
oops sorry ghost i missed your link. so ...sorry :eek:

Last edited:

the_ghost

emu wizard
:my_offtop SORT OF

my question is:

Is there really any difference between the MEGA CD Bios
SEGA CD Bios?

untitled9uq.png

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
the_g_host said:
:my_offtop SORT OF

my question is:

Is there really any difference between the MEGA CD Bios
SEGA CD Bios?

untitled9uq.png

Yes, there is. Try using one of them and you'll see. They look different and of course there's the NTSC/PAL difference.

hagbard

Sega CD = USA name
Mega CD = Japan & Europe name

Btw, only the model 1 bios are recommend for emulators

Frost_King

Well this topic is pretty old, so I doubt I'll get a response, but it's worth a try. I too recently bought Sonic CD, and it won't work on my Windows XP. I've done everything you guys said, but the closest I get is to the screen where you have to press the start button, except it never says "press the start button" and pressing the button doesn't do anything. This is with an ISO made with ISOproducer. If I try running it off the disk it just goes to the sound tester menu like missinglink said he experienced. Anyway, any help would be appreciated a lot!

Last edited:

hagbard

Did you have ASPI (forceASPI) installed? You also need to set your drive (for the real original CD) or your virtual drive (for your mounted ISO with Daemon Tools) as the one used by Gens or Kega Fusion. Avoid 2.0 bios too.

the_ghost

emu wizard
Frost_King said:
If I try running it off the disk it just goes to the sound tester menu like missinglink said he experienced. Anyway, any help would be appreciated a lot!
wow alot of the old threads are getting bumped up
now, lol, I guess nobody has anything else to talk about ( just kidding)
@ hagbard
I think he has ASPI or ForceASPI installed, If not he would not even be able to get to the sound test in the bios (but thats just my guess)

@ Frost_king
If the instructions here dont help you, then I dont know exactly whats wrong I do know that there is a patch for the game to fix that problem
(Missinglink1 Knows where to get it but he just came here to get help and doesnt post here anymore).
If you bought the game then try to find the patch and make an .ISO
with with Alcohol 120% (better copy factor+emulation of cd protections)
its not freeware (if you only need it for a while then just get the trial)
then patch the .ISO.

Or just download a patched copy (thats what I did, at least I think mine is patched, Im not sure) (sorry no links here)
you will have to RIP the mp3's from your CD if you download an ISO of the game. then follow the instuctions in this thread to get it working
or mount the ISO with alcohol 120% or Daemon tools(freeware) both are the same when it comes to virtual drive emulation

use google

Last edited:

Frost_King

Ok, I know I probably seem pretty stupid, but how would I go about making an ISO with Alcohol 120%?

As for the patch, is it an official patch, or not? Also, do you know what the patch is called, because searching "Sonic CD" patch on google doesn't really bring up a narrow list of results...

Anyway, thank you for all your help again.

the_ghost

emu wizard
to make an ISO using Alcohol120%,make sure the disk is in the drive then just click on "image making wizard" then press the "next" button
and then there will be a drop down list on the bottom right corner
select "standerd ISO image" and press next and so on. Its not all that hard to make one.

as for the patch, I have no idea what its called. And I dont think its official
because these games were never ment to be played on a computer.

Last edited:

Frost_King

"select "standerd ISO image""

For some reason, I can't do that, for that isn't a choice. The only 3 choices in the drop down menu are .mds .ccd and .cue

Hmm....

Frost_King

Ok, through DAEMON tools and an mdf file made with Alcohol 120%, and using Kega Fusion or Gens, I still get to the soundtester menu...so it looks like I need the patch. Now where to find it...

Once again, thanks for all your help.

Frost_King

Ok, I couldn't find the patch, but I found an ISO of Sonic CD, and (other than missing a few sounds) it works great. Thanks for all your help once again. :D

hagbard

the_ghost

emu wizard
Frost_King said:
Ok, I couldn't find the patch, but I found an ISO of Sonic CD, and (other than missing a few sounds) it works great. Thanks for all your help once again. :D

use the instuctions in this thread to get your sound back.

you have sound effects but no music. get the sonic cd mp3's

Graverobber2500

when i try 2 play Sonic CD I need to configure my bio files and they are soo i am very confused it sez to do it go to

Options->Directories/Files i dont know how to get the save and such files

DarkSide

the_ghost said:
an ISO is an image of a CD that you can store on your Hard drive and use even if you dont an the actual physical disk (meaning that you dont have to pop-in yor cd everytime you want to play it)

Use ISOproducer To make an image of your game
If you make an ISO of your Game then the files name sould look something like
this= SonicCD.ISO (.ISO is the file extension not the actual file name)

After you have done that then select OPEN ROM from the emulators menu and locate the ISO image that you have made and select open

hope that helps

If you need help making an ISO image
send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE
>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<

Hey man i dont have any cd i'm trying play with the isos but i cant find the right iso, i download it the afterburner game, have the mp3 files and the isos but dont have any iso with the name of the game,wich file is the right one to play the game? can you help me? or somebody? :huh:

Last edited: