Help me plz

rubymaster

i just downloaded legend of zelda minish cap for my Visual Boy Advance and it keeps saying "file not supported" or sumthin like tat when ever i try and run it. i read awhile back that u had to zip it or sumthin? how can i fix this? can sum1 plz help thx

hagbard

How it's the Zelda rom? Zipped, Rared? I meant .zip, .rar, etc. Or it's a .gba file?

If it's rar, unrar it (use Winrar, or 7-zip) then load the game.
If it's zipped it might be an encrypted file, so you'll need a password, look into the zip, probably you'll find some info about it.
If it's a .gba, perhaps the file it's corrupted or are missing the bios.

Last edited:

rubymaster

its .rar and how do i unrar it? iv'e got a windows ME so could u help me through in doing so?thx

Raven

-Do you have Winrar or Winzip?

If Yes:

1-Try Downloading it from somewhere else.
2-I may search a link for you (it takes some time)

Last edited:

rubymaster

i dont know if i have winrar or winzip and if i do i dont know how to fix wat i want done im in a ditch here

the_ghost

emu wizard
rubymaster said:
i dont know if i have winrar or winzip and if i do i dont know how to fix wat i want done im in a ditch here

Pease note that these are both TRIAL VERSIONS that will only work for about
30 days and after that you have to buy them

Download Winrar HERE

Make sure you read and understand what they are and how to use them

Use WinRAR to extract the game to the same folder that you have it in by
right-clicking on it and highlighting Winrar. (it should work now)

and only if you want to use Winzip to zip it back up (either way it should work)

Download Winzip HERE
hagbard said:
If it's a .gba, perhaps the file it's corrupted or are missing the bios.

Last edited:

hagbard

Go get 7-zip. It's for free

the_ghost

emu wizard
gee if i would've known that I would've never shelled out the $30 I payed
For WinZip + $30 I payed for winRar

I learn something new everyday here

TheOmegaChrist

Actually if you have Windows XP you dont need WinZIP... Windows comes with a unzipping capability... and if you can find an old version of WinRAR like 3.40 its a trial copy... Heres a tip people... you should reformat AT LEAST once a month... for your computers sake due to viruses and junk... get a second harddrive and dont keep it connected just throw it on when you need to store some crap you dont wanna lose and reformat once a month... and all those month long trial progs... well they might as well be free... it doesnt see you as the same comp every time you reformat so therefor... theyre always free... Just a minor tip :p I use three harddrives myself... one for storage... one for important storage... my storage one is constantly connected... but my important one is usually only connected for just long enough to get the crap I dont wanna lose onto it and then I disconnect it!!! :D

hagbard

Not bad the disconnect tip, but well, to my knowledge HD formatting it's no best thing you can go to your HD. Just my two cents ;)

rubymaster

thanx ppls im downloadin tat 7-zip thing now so i'll c if it works or not

Last edited:

rubymaster

i downloaded it and it worked and all tat good stuff but then i saved and turned it off and then i tried to open the saved file and it didnt work and i tried formatting it all the different ways and it still did work. how can i reformat it so that i can open the saved file? could some1 plz tell me exactly how to reformat the saved file to be playable? thx cya

hagbard

I think he is talking about the "Save Type" option of vba (Options -> Emulator ->Save Type -> Automatic, EEPROM, SRAM, Flash, EEPROM+Sensor, none), and "Save Game" = save state. They are different things, it has nothing to do to set a kind "Save Type" to "Save /Load Game"

Please note that in VBA "Save Game" = save state (memory dump, .sgm file), and "Save Type" = Battery/eeprom (like *real* gba save, .sav file).

Actually, it might be a pain to guess which save type it's using the Gba Rom. You have to set the save type, 64 or 128k, load the rom, see what happened and if doesn't work, quit the emu & delete the battery, eeprom, etc save type.

All can I say it to test the eeprom+sensor save type, as it worked in previous DBZ games. If doesn't work, I will try to play with Boycott Advance or Rascalboy Advance. These have emulated almost every save type, so it's a matter of patience to make it work. Sometimes you can use a working save type from other emu in vba, but won't work every time. Get these emus here

Otherwise, the last resort it's going through save sates, it should ever work in vba: File -> Save Game. It's a good thing to enable "Auto load most recent" in "Load Game".

Hope it helps and please read it all ;)

Last edited: