no Cinamatic sound?

AXel

i got everythign workign pretty well so far only problem i have is that there is no sound during ne of the cinamatics in legends of dragoon, not sure if its just the game, but the in game sound is just fine, i downloaded all the sound plugin at this site, but none of them say nethign wwhen i test them (if that has to do with nethign)

hagbard

In ePSXe, select "Config" menu -> "Sound" -> Check "Enable XA sound"

Btw, did it work?
And how about that? It would be nice to post your feedback and the magic words too ;)

Last edited:

AXel

lol yea dude thanks alot, i jsut havent been able to jsut sit down this whole day, everytime u solved one of my problems i just posted another and went off to doing my work

uv bin a ton of help
and ill try what you said for sound as soon as i get home

hagbard

No problem, I was just guessing, excuse me if I have been a bit rough :p
Ok, post your feedback when you have time :)

hagbard

Nah, this means I'm becoming older :D

Jale

The only key to make PS1 emulators to work is to get the best plugins and configure them wisely :)

supaber

cd analog music - not the right format...

Hello there,

I hope u can help me too. I've got a similarly problem with sound on a CD.

I play Wipeout 2097 from a virtuell and real-CD. But I can't hear the music playing. Instead I hear some scratching-noise, like playing a normal DataCD in an audio CD-player. The same happens when I try to play the musik with the Mediaplayer (windows). He recognizes it correctly as an Audio-CD but playing the track make this scratching-noise.

The music is analog, so played directly by the CD-drive, like a normal audio-CD.

The music seems to be stored in a strange format like .SWP (I guess it is the music in the root directory on the CD).

How can I hear the music nevertheless?
Do I have to convert the music in .WAV format und then re-create an image with that or ist there a plugin available?

thanks a lot for your help!

Cu SupaBer

specs:

Emulator: ePSXe v1.6.0
soundplugin: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
- ADPSM sound is enabled
- CDDA sound also enabled
- XA (in MDEC) sound enabled too

- - -
(sorry for my bad english :( )

Last edited:

montpics

Wipeout 2097? Will check it and report back to you asap! ;)

hagbard

Are you sure your game have cd-audio tracks? The first track in PSX games it's computer data, so you can't play that. If that game have cd-da (cd-audio tracks), that tracks will be located from 2nd track and up. You can make sure about it simply download CDex, a free cd-audio player & format converter. When you insert a CD, it will list every track and what kind it's each one.

In windows you can't see the cd audio tracks on a mixed mode CD (comp data + cd-audio tracks), so that .swp file has nothing to do with cd-da., as it's stored on the first track. Windows only shows the data on the first track, btw.

It might be either a ePSXe, Windows or hardware problem. If the analog audio cable it's not plugged correctly, it won't play correctly, but looks that's not your problem. Make sure you how you have enabled cd-audio on windows. If need help, tell us which windows version you have as we can figure out a workaround.

Actually, the music it's not analog but digital, it's how it's played what might be analog or digital. You can enable digital output in windows 2k /XP

Last edited:

hagbard

Ok, that pics are truly usefull, well done :)

The explorer shows the content of 1st track, a data track, but it doesn't show anything of the others tracks, as expected.
On Freerip & Cdex we can see what I told before, the first track it's data track (mode2/xa), and the rest are cdda, so at least some music (I don't know the game so I can't say more) played from that tracks. The game looks it's Ok imho and definitely it's a PSX CD-ROM. I wonder why cddb identifies it as "soundtrack"...

Now the question it's why the audio it's not right played. Would be good to see how it's Windows (and wich version of Windows) configured to play cd audio, if analog or digital. Can you play a cd-audio (audio only, I mean) correctly?

Also, if you'd have another PSX game that have cdda, I'd try to run it on ePSXe and see if music plays correctly. To play cdda music with ePSXe you also need to check the "Enable CDDA sound" on menu Config -> Sound, I mean enable both plugin and ePSXe cdda read.

Perhaps your cd plugin it's not well configured, I'd recommend Peops as it has an autodetect read mode which choose with read mode it's better for your PC, you only need to insert a PSX game, select the drive (real or emulated), then press "Try auto detection" button.

Hope it helps :)

Last edited:

supaber

Well here are my specs:

1. I've running Windows XP Pro. on an AMD, onboard sound
2. Audio-CDs can be played normal, as I expected it.
3. I just have this ps1 game, nothing more :(

- - -
This Game is my one & only PS1 Game. I owned a PS1 long ago, so this is left over. But I bought some "new" games today (Killerloop, perhaps I buy some others too, searching for Rollcage 2). I like this kind of games.
- - -

I enable "analog Audio" under Daemontool, so that I can here the music.

Every physical and virtuell CD-drive has activated CDDA.

I think the Problem is, that the music don't passes any converting-process (hard- or software), like on the PS1 maybe.

I also own the PC Version of WipeOut_2097 and there it is the same, the CD begins to play, like an audioCD, but I hear the music "loud and proud" :) .

Cu Supaber

- - -

hagbard

Well, I suppose you tried the plugins & options I told, so let's try another way. It looks it's an specific ePSXe problem. I'd try to enable digital audio from XP.

In order to run ePSXe on a win 2k / XP, it's recommended to install an ASPI first. Also, you can try to use internal ePSXe CD plugin, and internal SPU too. Just select it from the select SPU & CD plugins windows, no dll needed.

Btw, are you using the "scph1000.bin" bios? It probably won't work, scph1001.bin and scph7502.bin are recommended. I an't give you any links as it's not allowed, sorry.

Did you try to load your game directly from an iso (cue-bin, iso, or img) instead of emulate it? (File -> run ISO).

It still doen't work, try PSxeven, it's a good emu too. Good luck :)

Last edited:

supaber

don't missunderstand me please, but the Playstation emulator works fine, very fine. Nice work done be the programmer! :D

The only Problem is, that the Audiotracks have the "wrong" format. The music gets played, but it seem that these Audiotrack are binary files too. So it sound a little shitty. But this is not an emulator problem. Also not a windows problem, cause it recognizes it as an audio CD and does play the tracks. The tracks just have, the wrong content.

It's not a real problem for me, I just wanted to know, wether it can be fixed by installing a plugin, especially for that kind of music-file-type.

I really, really thank your for your help, really. :thumb_up:

= ? = ? =

Maybe u can help me by another problem. My Logitech Rumbelpad 2 does not rumble ;). I tried to configure the build-in-plugin, but no setting makes my pad rumble. So I downloaded different controller plugins, but now I have the problem, how to tell eSPXe that I want another Controller-plugin, the Wizard does not let me choose another plugin, so I used the "ePSXeCutor" to make this setting, seems to work so far. But still no rumble-action :(.
---
controller-plugin: Segu's Joy plugin 0.3 (is it only for joysticks?!?)

ePSXeCutor setting

Yes! Force-feedback is enabled in Windows and on the controller too, and I have the newest driver installed from logitech :)...

Do u have a vibrationpad and does it work? Wich plugin do u use then and how do u configger it?
(Attention: the pad itself works fine, but it only does not "rumble"!)

(I should try a windows game that can make my pad rumble, just to test wether it is really enabled!)

= ! = ! =

hope to cya!

Cu Supaber

PS:

- yes I have aspi-drivers installed ;)
- and I have all the nasty BIOS, u can get out there also 7502(<- in use) and 1001
- like I said digital Audio is enabled already
- yes I tried to load the ISO directly, but nothing happends, get some stripes on the screen, and that's it :(

- - -

montpics

Well, I did try with the Wipeout 3 Special Edition (The only game I had). In ends up in no music playing when I played the game. Only soundFX.

Yup, same as you mentioned. The game contains audio cds but it doesn't played as it should when you played the game. Probably some 'protection'?

I tried it with Emurayden and ePSXe. :cool:

supaber

hmm?! I am a real pissed noob, but I downloaded wipeout3 through em*le. And in this ISO there are .wav files (screen) in the root directory. And this music I can hear perfectly.

To hear that music u just have to enable "analog music" under daemontool, (screen). Then it works with cd-music under Wipeout3 ;).

cu next time

SupaBer

- - -

Last edited:

hagbard

I'll have to test that game by myself. Pretty strange. Btw, in which format it's your ISO? I wonder why doesn't work loading it directly

About ePSXe input plugins, actually you can only use the ePSXe one. ePSXecutor have the option to select and config input plugins, because the author (Pete Bernett) expected a that last ePSXe version have that option. I'd try play with the force feedback options in pad's config of ePSXe, I think you already did it. You have to enable for feedback in your PSX game options too.

The only way you can use input plugins it's with anothe good emu like PSXeven, I'd give a try.

I use a PSX LPT-1 DPP interface homebrew adaptor, also a USB with two PSX pad port. Both work perfectly with ePSXe input including rumble.

I hope it helps :)