Kawaks HELP!!

montpics

What emulator are you using? If you are using Nebula 2.23, then you may want to edit the romset in romdata file using Notepad. :)

kylesinclair5

how do i edit the romset? im trying to use Kawaks, but that hasnt been working at all, so i am trying any emulator! but none of them work for me! i have tried Neo-RageX, and Nebula, but when i start using nebula, it works, but that stuffs up, all the sound is bad, then half the graphics dont load?

hagbard

Make sure the neogeo bios zip it's named "neogeo.zip" (not "neo-geo.zip").
Does Kawaks/Nebula still tell you "some rom is missing" like messages? Please confirm it :) And don't try to unzip your roms, it doesn't work with Kawaks

On the other hand, which DirectX version are you using? (Start->Run->type "dxdiag") You might need to update
Also, it might be necessary to download & install your latest graphics card drivers.

Btw, I remember kawaks needs some dll's if aren't in your system. You can find them here, "Downloads" section. Don't try this until we know which windows are you using ;)

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Why not just take all the logical steps:
1. Download and install ClrMAME
2. Check your romset with ClrMAME
3. If the games you want to play are reporting that they are incomplete, download new roms and use ClrMAME's rebuild function to get a complete set

I know that ClrMAME can be difficult to learn. I also learned how to use it, and it is really worth it!

hagbard

Or just the audit function form each emulator ;)

montpics

Well, here is a new problem from kylesinclair5 through PM. ;)
kylesinclair5 said:
Ah its all good, i got it working finally, but i have one more Question! when i run CPS1 & 2 Games, the sound is pretty bad, and some of the games lag abit, would that be a problem with the rom or is it my graphics card/sound card?
So, people any ideas?

hagbard

Not a roms problem but an emulator & PC indeed.

Please tell us about your PC specs, CPU frequency (speed), RAM and Operating System.
Anyway you might try to set the sound at 44100 Hz in the CPS-1/2 sound menu, also 16 bit. Also, open the kawaks ini and look for the next line:
; sound segments. if sound gets choppy, try fiddling with those (SoundSegLag < SoundSegs)
SoundSegs=6
SoundSegLag=5

Play a bit changing the values +/-3 and listen what happens.

You can make it faster as the FAQ reads:
============================================================================
IT'S SO SLOW HERE :/
HOW TO HAVE IT GO FASTER ?
============================================================================
First, you should try to modify the UseVRAM in the INI. If it's 0, set it
to 1, and if it's 1, set it to 0. It can have a HUGE effect.

Now, if it's still too slow, try using a faster blitter.
Alternate scanlines is a lot faster than regular scanlines, and a LOT faster
than 50% scanlines. Normal blitter may be a little faster than Alternate
scanlines depending on the PC/gfx card.

Don't enable Interframe blending, it slows things down a great deal.

Then, make sure you set DisableJoystick to 1 in the INI if you don't use a
joystick/pad, but you have one.

Then, set a lower sound frequency. Search for SoundFrequency in the INI
and set it to 22050 or even 11025.

Then, you may want to disable effects like BgHi for CPS1 or Masking for CPS2.
The gfx issues they fix may not be worth the slowdown for you.

Then, you might want to set TaskPriority to 128 in the INI, though I'm not
sure this has a big impact.

After all that, you may try and play Kawaks in fullscreen rather than
windowed mode. It should be a tad faster (and it's perfectly normal).
I think it's pretty self explanatory, don't you? :)

Tails2k4

Hi I'm new to the arcade emulation.i recently got a hold of WinKawaks from someone with svc chaos on it.i want to run street fighter 3rd stike on it but idk how to set it up.can u please help me?

Tails2k4

i'm having a problem with kof2001 and kof2002.it wont run on my Kawaks bcuz it says it's missing a file.can u help me.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Be more specific...please
What missing file do you have?
Get the correct neogeo.zip if you're missing smth. like lo-lo..etc

montpics

Tails2k4 said:
i'm having a problem with kof2001 and kof2002.it wont run on my Kawaks bcuz it says it's missing a file.can u help me.
Little info, what did it mentioned on the screen while you load the game? What file is missing indicated? :)

montpics

Tails2k4 said:
do u have it?
I'm not very sure, but there is possible that I don't have that file as mine is very old set. :cool:

@Alkaiser :
There is no info about able to run Street Fighter 3 with Kawaks up till now.

Aliverich

Pleaz help me i just want to play metal slug i want to know where to get 000-lo.lo because it wasnt in the file pleaz can someone help me :( :msn_cry: :( :msn_cry: :( :msn_cry:

Last edited:

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
Pleaz help me i just want to play metal slug i want to know where to get 000-lo.lo because it wasnt in the file pleaz can someone help me

It doesn't allowed to tell where to find that in this forum, besides, you resurrected an old thread. My advice, use google.