What would the minimum requirements be for....

trevlyn13

.....smooth running NES emulation? I want to make an NES emulation cabinet or table, and I'm trying to figure out what kind of computer I'll need. I want something that will run it smoothly, but nothing overkill. Also, I haven't really kept up on the NES emulation scene, what is the best (stability and proper emulaiton are the most important things) NES emulator out there right now?

montpics

Then RockNES and FCEU Ultra in my fav as well. ;)

You can grab these emulators from this link.
>CLICK HERE!< :cool:

Genome

north west south west
you might want a decent gfx card though b/c the refresh rate is much smoother than onboard gfx. id go with virtuanes,nester,jnes,and fce ultra. its better to have multiple emulators b/c certain games dont work on certain emulators. :happy:

trevlyn13

re

It has actually been suggested to me on other forums to use linux. I was wondering if anyone had experience with NES emulation in linux. Also, if I wanted to play SNES games, what kind of power would I need for that?

Zach

Should be able to run SNES on the same PC as your NES stuff. Hell I remember playing NeoGeo games on a 233Mhz Cyrix

montpics

trevlyn13 said:
It has actually been suggested to me on other forums to use linux. I was wondering if anyone had experience with NES emulation in linux. Also, if I wanted to play SNES games, what kind of power would I need for that?
NES on Linux? Okay, will try on that.

Requirements on playing SNES games? The requirement is similar to the NES' and if your PC has a low processor, you can still play them. From what I found is DirectX is needed on ZSNES while SNES9x does not. :)