Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freein Up Ram

Your problem comes from your operating system. Pull up a command prompt. (Start->run) then type "format C"

Be sure to download DOS on a DISK before you do so. You will then have about 510 Megs of free ram.

^ good advice, i did that a while ago, made my RAM heaps free and fast too
    onewecallgod hates me

i usually do a nice format every year. helps to ger rid of all that garbage that gets piled up over the year. I need to format soon. I just don't feel like reinstalling all the programs and looking for drivers etc. but whenever i start my pc, i have to wait 5 minutes before everything "settles" and i can start actually using it. i tried to clean the registry and removing stuff from start-up but still no change.

Crazed Poster

Originally posted by DanielW@Dec 4 2003, 11:32 AM
    i usually do a nice format every year. helps to ger rid of all that garbage that gets piled up over the year. I need to format soon. I just don't feel like reinstalling all the programs and looking for drivers etc. but whenever i start my pc, i have to wait 5 minutes before everything "settles" and i can start actually using it. i tried to clean the registry and removing stuff from start-up but still no change.
    msconfig will keep all of the useless crap from starting
    I hate all of you, especially donkeyknob.

Extreme Talker

People here use RAM doublers and RAM freeing softwares. If you are asking for those you can get them off the net. But I think that's probably stupid to do.

As Waz said the more expensive programs you run, the more the RAM is consumed. Uninstall unnecessary programs.

Installed programs have nothing to do with Ram used,as long as you don't run them,so you don't gain anything by uninstalling them.Anyway the question was ridiculous by it's birth what's the point of talking about it ?

Download a free trial version of a RAM recovery program from Download.com. Some programs like RamCleaner work good if you want to recover some unused RAM resources.

Try searching/downloading RamCleaner and try it once to free some resources.

Unfortunately, this is only a trial, and if you decide that you want to keep a program like this, you may have to pay money for it.

Crazed Poster

the fuck?? this thread is over a year old. dont revive old shit
    I hate all of you, especially donkeyknob.

Thread Information