• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

End support of 32 bit oses and aplications

pix07

There will no more 32 bits every linux drops support for that the same with android apps in google play.

And i read that the same with drivers for windows also there will be no more 32 bits software.

If i gather more info i will write here.

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I mean, if you still need to run a 32 bit windows os, chances are you have very old hardware, over 10+++ years old.

Same with linux, people are making distros for old PPC macs, I am sure there will be some reasonably updated 32bit x86 distros.

Robert

There will be no 32-bit Windows 11. But 32-bit apps will (mostly) still run on 64-bit windows.

It will not be possible to run 16-bit apps (such as you might find on windows 3.1) on 64-bit. For this you just use an older machine.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, at some point legacy code needs to go away, that is 16 bit.

You will be still able to emulate through things like dosbox. But professionals, people like accountants etc that are still stuck on old software will need to upgrade.