about Dreamcast emulators?

Cinos

can someone recommend one that can load a game from an actual dreamcast disc and is easy to set up?
thanks in advance.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Real dreamcast disks cannot be read by pc dvd or dvd blu ray drives.

You will need a real dreamcast to rip the game or download it.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Every console does it their own way.
PSX and ps2 (maybe 3,4,5 not sure) all use the same ECC trick. You can read the disc but not copy it because a burner will not write a broken ECC.
GC, are written backwards and are GD-roms.
Not sure about XBOX, my guess is there are just PC discs as most of the xbox stuff is nothing more then a PC running windows (not really that knowledgeable about xbox).
DC, are also gd-roms that Sega managed to squeeze over a gigabyte of data on the disc. No PC drive will read that.
and I'm not sure about Saturn.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure about XBOX, my guess is there are just PC discs as most of the xbox stuff is nothing more then a PC running windows (not really that knowledgeable about xbox).

You use a softmodded xbox with a custom dashboard, connect to the xbox over the network and use it as an "external disk drive" to RIP the games on a pc.

Neckless

Every console does it their own way.
PSX and ps2 (maybe 3,4,5 not sure) all use the same ECC trick. You can read the disc but not copy it because a burner will not write a broken ECC.
GC, are written backwards and are GD-roms. cps test chat ib omegle
DC, are also gd-roms that Sega managed to squeeze over a gigabyte of data on the disc. No PC drive will read that.
and I'm not sure about Saturn.
But I'm sure that you are right about Saturn.

pix07

@Neckless @ulaoulao By reverse engineering of sega dreamcast and saturn it will be possible someday.

We just need know how extract that data and information on normal DVD disk.

Maybe some format conventer if such thing dont exists someone need to write that.

Because we can transcode iso image to other formats why we cant do it with disk images ?

So we need just wait.