I've modified PCSX2 v1.6.0 to make it run again on Windows XP

blueclouds8666

hello emulator-zone community, i've been working in a project for quite a while and i'm proud to share it with you.

I'm a developer and i've recently modified the latest version of the popular PCSX2 PlayStation 2 emulator to make it run again under the Windows XP operating system, since they removed that compatibility by 2016. The development to my modified version of PCSX2 started in May 2020, just when the latest stable official release was made public (v1.6.0), confirming it wasn't indeed compatible with XP. I wanted to do something about it, so i started peeking the code and considering the options i had. Well, after months of testing and patience, i got the latest v1.6.0 stable release from May 2020 running perfectly fine under XP. This project is called "PCSX2 XP" and is been made available on my website: neonfloppy.sytes.net

You may also join to my discord server, where you can find about my other projects:
https://discord.gg/KXKXcs4

I will be answering any questions you have regarding my project down below.
I hope you all find this useful.

screenshot.png

pix07

Windows xp is obsolete i dont see a reason to use it.

But i can it be used by hobbyists as operating system without internet connection.

Windows xp was indeed a great os.

Last edited: