Emulator Problem: Retroarch, Always 2 players same controller, I need help.

Sorry bad english

I wanted to request help in official retroarch forum but new members cannot post new topics... How ask for help then ? where ask for help ?

I have latest version of retroarch, I have a PS4 controller and DS4windows installed, and when I try to play Tekken 1 on PSX ( and in any other system inside retroarch) I always begin the game controlling 2 players at same time.

I have only one controller and retroarch always says that is connected controller 1 and controller 2. Is useless I set the configuration to allow just one player. Also If I set the option "Hide DS4 controller" on DS4windows the controller just not work.

I searched in google for help and looks like just me in the whole world have this trouble.

My english is bad and maybe you not understand I will try to explain again:

When I press START in my PS4 controller is like I am pressing start in controller 1 and controller 2 at same time, then in the same controller I am controlling player 1 and player 2 in ALL games on retroarch. This is a pain in the ass because I playing arcade mode, then I lose, then I press start and then I pressed start 2 controllers at same time and then I am forced first to fight against myself and when I beat myself I am allowed to keep playing the game... Such kind is really annoying in fighting games, and even in beat-up. If I play double dragon I am all the time controlling 2 characters at same time in the same controller...

I can play single player games just nicely, but , I get this trouble in any multiplayer game.

I hope you understand my trouble and can help me fix it.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
You do not need to have DS4windows running with retroarch. It will detect the controller as a dual shock 4 and use it properly.