Player 2 Start button

Heiachi

Here is my problem. Lets say I select Joust from the Maximus Arcade FE, it loads through MAME. I add a coin, (using an X-Arcade cabinet with the Tankstick) and start the game. All is good but the wife wants to play as Player 2, adds a coin and hits Player 2 Start but it doesn't register. Some other details: button and wiring check good with a meter. Using the X-Arcade Test Utility Program shows ALL buttons work EXCEPT the Player 2 Start. One last consideration: In the X-Arcade/Maximus game menu, I can reboot the computer by holding Player 2 Start + pressing the Player 1 Coin button, and it will reboot. So MAME doesn't recognize the button but Maximus does? Must be a setting somewhere?

Bear with me as i got the cabinet from a coworker and it wouldn't play anything. So I got, finally after a week, a package from X-Arcade and reloaded the software. I have had the cabinet for just over two weeks now and i am a complete noob to all this, but trying to learn quickly. If i remember correctly I managed to play a Street Fighter II (before the software reload) through the screen saver and the Player 2 Start button worked then. I am somewhat (stressing somewhat) competent navigating through this stuff, but please remember, two weeks ago I didn't even know what ROMs or MAME were. I guess we all start somewhere. Thanks in advance for any help. -Mark

Heiachi

Thank you Pix07. I have worked through some of those support links and the forum link had some good info too. I might play around with those while I wait for the pcb. Here is why we are going to replace it, and they are sending it for free. Nice. The pcb failed the jumper test. I put a multimeter to the P2 Start Button and wiring and everything rang out good. However, when you jumper the pins on the pcb, the X-arcade test program should show that the button is being pressed. I don't get a response on the screen from the program. Maybe a bad solder finally let loose. I hope I have time to play more with it to get familiar with the system since I haven't had it for very long, but I also have a lot of yard work to do. LoL
Thanks again for the info!

Heiachi

New PC board did not fix the Player2 Button not responding. Same condition, even jumping the two pins on the new PC board show no response from the Tankstick Test Program.

What would cause only one button not to work?

pix07

If issue is with software download new or old version which works.

Im dont see other solution.