Bypass ISP Servers?

FoxLynx64

Is it possible to bypass ISP servers and directly connect to an IP that also bypasses ISP server? I think it might be possible but I’m not sure given the nature of how ISP’s work. I only want to send a small amount of information but with extremely low latency.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Your confusing this just a bit here but I'm guessing what you are asking for is a VPN. See something like NORD. This will pretty much skip all Net Neutrality removals. ISP's can't really spy on you and its all secured.

You can also to page redirects... This is a web proxy. So any page you go to will not be filtered. Not as secure.

FoxLynx64

No, not really a VPN. More like a LAN connection more then anything else. The key is the low latency so that an X-band adapter can communicate button presses fast enough over standard internet. In case you don’t know what X-band is, it’s a dial-up modem made for the SNES and SEGA Genesis.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
More like a LAN connection more then anything else

So LAN is normally IP, not necessarily TCP/IP and you do not need an ISP as all that is is a gate way to route TCP/IP over the internet. For example if you set up your network with a gate way using 192.168.0.1, you can set up all your systems for 192.168.02 - 192.168.0.255 and none of them will route to through the ISP because that is a private network. I don't know what X-band uses but maybe it supports IP so that you do not have to encapsulate it in TCP. Anyways, if you have a LAN using a 192 network, you can remove your modem and it will still work, hence its not using your ISP. You will need some type of gateway, be it a computer or router if you want to use TCP/IP. Find out first if you must use TCP/IP. And if so, set up a privet network.

Last edited:

FoxLynx64

I meant to say that I want it to work like a LAN connection but over a long distance. I want to connect to the backbone of the internet directly through an ISP but bypass the ISP’s servers that cause latency issues. Again I’m not sure if that’s even possible given the way an ISP works, but if extra processing is happening that doesn’t need to happen then I want to get rid of it to lower the latency. This is just button presses sent over the internet extremely fast to provide seamless gameplay; the actual information I’m pushing is fairly low. So, if there is some kind of mode to get low latency at the cost of bandwidth, that’s what I’m trying to do.