Emulator Problem: Xband Emulation Development

FoxLynx64

Can anyone help me develop a new Xband emulator for either the SNES or Genesis? I don't know much about how to make an emulator, but I do know how to code. The reason I want to put a team together is because Natalie at agirisan is trying to revive the physical hardware on the modern internet. I thought that making an emulator could help speed the development of an adapter that could quickly and easily convert the dial-up sounds of the Xband modem into a compressed format that can be compressed and uncompressed very fast so data can be sent from one Xband to another extremely fast. With fiber-optic networks becoming more common I think that actual gameplay across long distances at 3 frames delay could be possible. With some help from modern technology, an A.I. could predict the movements of a player to get most movements down to zero latency. Anyone that can help do anything with this project would be greatly appreciated.

pix07

Those should help you there are also technical documents :
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/artificial_intelligence_with_python/index.htm
https://www.zophar.net/documents/genesis.html
https://www.zophar.net/documents/snes.html
Also:
https://curl.haxx.se/
From site:
Supports...

DICT, FILE, FTP, FTPS, Gopher, HTTP, HTTPS, IMAP, IMAPS, LDAP, LDAPS, MQTT, POP3, POP3S, RTMP, RTMPS, RTSP, SCP, SFTP, SMB, SMBS, SMTP, SMTPS, Telnet and TFTP. curl supports SSL certificates, HTTP POST, HTTP PUT, FTP uploading, HTTP form based upload, proxies, HTTP/2, HTTP/3, cookies, user+password authentication (Basic, Plain, Digest, CRAM-MD5, NTLM, Negotiate and Kerberos), file transfer resume, proxy tunneling and more.

What's curl used for?

curl is used in command lines or scripts to transfer data. It is also used in cars, television sets, routers, printers, audio equipment, mobile phones, tablets, settop boxes, media players and is the internet transfer backbone for thousands of software applications affecting billions of humans daily.

I have hope thats its helps you.

Also read about algorithms and python frameworks to combine python with any language.

Knowing how podcast multicast and unicast also network layers and ip will help you.

Last edited:

FoxLynx64

Thanks for the info. I guess that means you can’t commit to anything though. Even if I knew how to construct an emulator flawlessly, it would still take a team of people to get it done in any reasonable amount of time. But hopefully I’ll find some people willing to help.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You don't really just make an emulator.. emulators come from people that know certain things. Being a developer is nice because you can make pretty interfaces and frontends. But honestly that has nothing to do with making an emulator.

Lets site an example. HIGAN! - One of the most complete Snes emulators out there had the worst interface of them all. Or even worse BNES before it. Why? Because he just didnt know how to develop. Well, that or Byuu was just lazier then dirt. Anyways, he was one hell of a genius and quite dedicated to complete it. You need to understand how a machine works. And I'm not talking about memorizing a few op commands. Some of the newer HLE's are more suited to a developer because they are merely interpreters. Though, SNES or Genesis.... umm, not a good place to start.

I would suggest joining a team, not making one. A good place to start is RetroArch. They take already known cores and connect them to a all in one interface and code base. They are always looking for eager people to help but not sure about the xband part, you can pitch it. Also SNES is done, there is nothing more to do, just use the already open BSNES code and make the emulator interface work how you want it. Also you will never complete with fusion, I mean, its been number one for many, many years. People use emulators that are known to be good and stood the test of time. Best to latch on to something then make a new.

Or, don't.. Just my two cents.

Last edited: