Emulator Problem: RetroArch PS3 Version, not update anything Online

GlassICE

Despite that this Console was the Start of the RetroArch era, it has been left out with many issues despite PS3 is still popular and mostly usable, so my problem is i obtained a second handed ps3 mainly for using RetroArch, this is separate from my main PS3, i wanted to play Retro games, so i connected it via a Component cable to my old CRT TV ( as i said i wanna use it for Retro ) installed a CFW and RetroArch, however, as soon as i installed it and imported the games n stuff, i noticed that i can’t get any updates over the Wifi, i can’t update the Cores, the game BoxArts, the cheat database, etc…etc… since the cores don't have anymore updates to be released and i'm not complaining about it cause this is an old console, i was just Focusing to update my games BoxArts, Cheat Database and some minor stuff, what has just happened ? Lastly, i remember that it was working fine on my main PS3 back in 2 years ago so what’s the problem now .
is there any way that i can do these Offline ? can i manually download the game Artworks, Cheat Database, PS3 Specified Core updates etc…etc… .

Thanks in advance ​​​​​​​Regards