PS2 Emulation on Android. (hear me out)

TRDownShift

OK! So I just got a Note 10+ and I've seen plenty of videos of people playing NFS:U2 and other PS2 games on android. But the issue I'm having is... well... there seems to be one functioning emulator for PS2 at the moment and its rather buggy, (damon PS2) and everything in it is hidden behind pay walls. But What I've noticed from using it is that the issue it seems to have is acceleration! every game I boot "runs" at a solid 60FPS, but for some reason they all run "Slow" and it reminds me of the older codebreaker hack for UG2 called "hypermode" where the codebreaker would effectively overclock your PS2 and the game would run very fast because the game speed seemed to be directly linked the CPU clock speed, Auto Modellista does the same, hell auto mod runs DEAD PERFECT aside from what looks like a clock speed issue. I should also clarify that these games run perfectly in menus, and the controls are perfectly responsive in game, it just seems like the game itself has been set to run in slow motion.

SO! My real question! If were this close... WHY HAS NO ONE MADE A GOOD EMULATOR!?! lol

pix07

Perfect emulator exists: RetoArch.

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/play-libretro-core-ready-for-download-on-the-buildbot/

It must be stressed that Play! is a Work In Progress PS2 emulator, and we mean that literally. Don’t expect every game to run perfectly, far from it. However, it has a solid foundation and already has working dynamic recompilers for all the popular architectures, its value which cannot be understated. The libretro core also already has working savestate support.
System requirements

This core will require OpenGL on the desktop and OpenGL ES3 on mobile devices.

Your system should currently be as powerful as possible in order to get the best possible results. As time improves, system requirements will probably reduce.

Game compatibility is entirely dependent on the state of the upstream #Play! emulator. So as Play! improves, so too will the libretro core!

pankaj

OK! So I just got a Note 10+ and I've seen plenty of videos of people playing NFS:U2 and other PS2 games on android. But the issue I'm having is... well... there seems to be one functioning emulator for PS2 at the moment and its rather buggy, (damon PS2) and everything in it is hidden behind pay walls. But What I've noticed from using it is that the issue it seems to have is acceleration! every game I boot "runs" at a solid 60FPS, 4 Pics 1 Word Daily Answers but for some reason they all run "Slow" and it reminds me of the older codebreaker hack for UG2 called "hypermode" where the codebreaker would effectively overclock your PS2 and the game would run very fast because the game speed seemed to be directly linked the CPU clock speed, Auto Modellista does the same, hell auto mod runs DEAD PERFECT aside from what looks like a clock speed issue. I should also clarify that these games run perfectly in menus, and the controls are perfectly responsive in game, it just seems like the game itself has been set to run in slow motion.

SO! My real question! If were this close... WHY HAS NO ONE MADE A GOOD EMULATOR!?! lol

Actually I have to agree with pix07. I have personally used RetoArch and have also read only good reviews online! I strongly recommend you should give it a go. Let us know how it goes for you :)

margotti

Thanks for suggesting RetroArch its really amazing. You can try PPSSPP for playing PSP games though they all run pretty smooth