• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

Emulator Release: My Nes 7.7.7263

pix07

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mynes/files/My%20Nes%207.7.7263/

Added: ability to switch audio mixer (between My Nes internal mixer and nes mixer that described in wiki). Details can be found in new page of the Getting Started dialog.
-- Imporved: FPS limiter, now it is 100% accurate (for all threads).
-- Fixed: DMC DMA and OAM DMA. Now all related tests pass (some games fixed such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sprite glitches).
-- Fixed: Sprites priority. (Can be noticed in Super Mario Bros 3 when you take the first maschrum)
-- Fixed: ppu timing (no bug, the timing was wrong with a cycle shift, now the timing matches exactly the diagram that provided in nes wiki here: <http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/File:Ntsc_timing.png>)
+- Added: ability to toggle fullscreen by double-mouse clicking on the emu screen.
+- Added: ability to configure emulation shortcuts (via input settings, go to Input>Emulation Shortcuts).
+- Added: ability to change buffer size for sound playback (SlimDX Audio renderer only).
+- Fixed: ppu cycle timing, now it is 100% accurate (matches the rendering timing as described in wiki).
+- Fixed: ppu sprites render in the first 4 pixels as mirrors of last 4 pixels.
+- Fixed: game genie code edit function make My Nes crashes when the code file for a game is not presented.
+- Fixed: connect 4 players make My Nes crashes.

-Notes:
+Notes (Important):
------
-- Please note that the external sound channels of mappers (i.e. mapper 5) are enabled again in this version (it was disabled in the previous version).
-- If the sound went off after chosing an audio mixer, simply try to switch mixer again (From main menu: Audio > Use Mixer).
-- No changes for MyNesGTK nor MyNesSDL in this version, the Core is updated for this version though so it is up to date.
- The only thing you may want to do is to switch the audio mixer manually.
- To do so, simply go to
- Windows: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\MyNes
- Linux: ./Home/MyNes
- Locate renderersettings.ini file, open it then locate this line (add it if it does not exist):
-
- Audio_UseDefaultMixer=0
- 0 means My Nes will use the internal mixer. This one is not as described in the wiki, it suppose to produce higher quality sound...
-
- Audio_UseDefaultMixer=1
- 1 means My Nes will use the defaul mixer as described in the wiki here: <http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/APU_Mixer>
-
- Save changes to apply then run MyNesSDL. Changing mixer will not affect performance, hence both mixers values are loaded into lookup table at game hard reset.
- Note that in Windows, MyNesSDL and MyNes share the same configuration file.+- For best experience, please delete settings files (not folders) in My Nes settings folder before using this new version.
+ The setting files can be found in: \Documents\MyNes
+ The files are: controls.mnc, emusettings.ini, renderersettings.ini and winsettings.ini.
+
+ This step is optional, it will reset My Nes into default without LOSING ANY OTHER DATA, such as state saves, snapshots ...etc
+
+- Sound buffer size affect quality and performance, the lower the buffer size lower the quality and better performance...
+ 8 KB size found to be the lowest value possible (normal quality) before glitches can be heared in sound (lower values may do glitches).
+ 24 KB size found to be the highest value (highest quality) possible before none-resolved latency appears.
+ You can set custom buffer size value in the settings:
+ go to \Documents\MyNes, edit renderersettings.ini, change line: Audio_PlaybackBufferSizeInKB=24 while 24 is buffer size
+ then save the file.
+
+- You can use Keyboard, Joystick or Xbox 360 Controller for emulation shortucts.
+
+- Please make sure that audio frequency value (Audio>Frequency) matches the sound output frequency in your pc.
+ You can set custom frequency value in the settings:
+ go to \Documents\MyNes, edit renderersettings.ini, change line: Audio_Frequency=48000 while 48000 is audio frequency
+ then save the file.