Computer Problem: Total noob needs help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00bietrap

Hey guys!

I posted this also in the ‘arcade emulation’ section as well. I just c&p’ed it here cuz I’m desperate!! Lol

Default Total n00b in desperate need of some guidance!
Hello everyone.

I plan on building a PC for retro gaming. Specifically using MAME for KI1 & KI2, MK1, MK2 & UMK3.

I have literally zero experience with building PCs though. After researching like crazy for a couple months now, I’ve gathered that those games require a bit more than the older games, specifically KI and UMK3.

Since I have zero experience, I’m not sure exactly what I need.

This will ultimately end up as a full size arcade cabinet build, with the PC inside.

Anyway, does anyone know if either of these posts from OfferUp will run these games smoothly, and if so, which one would be better?

—————————

Post one:

Up for sale is a HP 6005 small form factor pc. It has 150gb of hard drive space, 4gb of RAM, the processor is a AMD PhenomII 3.0ghz quad core processor. There is a video card installed NVidia quadro 600 1gb of memory. The OS is windows 7 professional fully activated and validated. Office is installed along with Microsoft’s antivirus. I am including the wireless Cisco stick which is a dual band N. I was using this pC in my living room with my TV to stream live TV. Got a new smart tv and no longer needed. Included in the sale is the Tower, power cable, wireless stick.

Post two:

Everything was pulled from a working PC
Comes with motherboard, 8gb of ram, 300 watt power supply, working DVD drive, Nvidia gt 610 gpu 1gb, intel core i3 550 3.2 GHz dual core CPU, and some screws I have lying around and 500gb hard drive

———————————-
I know that some of the tech OGs don’t really like to waste time on a noob, so seriously any insight at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
just use the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.