Super NES games launch for Nintendo Switch Online

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
I guess this also qualifies as emulation news, as how else would you think Nintendo would enable you to play NES and as of today, Super NES games on the Nintendo Switch. Last year Nintendo launched Nintendo Switch Online with the NES app which allowed you to play a select number of NES games on the Switch. New games have been added every month since then.

Now a year later a Super NES app has been added with an excellent selection of games. Included are the likes of Super Mario World (1 & 2), Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Starfox and the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. In my personal opinion the Super NES games are much more exciting than the NES ones, as the Super Nintendo games have aged a little better.

Both the NES and Super NES app are free downloads for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers. For the full list of games and more information, see the the Nintendo Switch Online section of Nintendo.com

kelrein

This is a great move from Nintendo, and arguably the biggest announcement of a relatively packed Nintendo Direct. The Switch has had a stellar 2019 even without many of Nintendo's biggest IP, and it's likely to have a big holiday season along with the launch of Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Rosenivy

I guess this also qualifies as emulation news, as how else would you think Nintendo would enable you to play NES and as of today, Super NES games on the Nintendo Switch. Last year Nintendo launched Nintendo Switch Online with the NES app which allowed you to play a select number of NES games on the Switch. New games have been added every month since then.

Now a year later a Super NES app has been added with an excellent selection of games. Included are the likes of Super Mario World (1 & 2), Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Starfox and the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. In my personal opinion the Super NES games are much more exciting than the NES ones, as the Super Nintendo games have aged a little better.

Both the NES and Super NES app are free downloads for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers. For the full list of games and more information, see the the Nintendo Switch Online section of Nintendo.com

Well, in spite of Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Starfox and the Legend of Zelda are included in Nintendo Switch, I'm not so excited about it. Because I think it would be awesome if the Elder Scrolls Online also came to the Nintendo Switch.

If other online games can be must-haves in NS, and I think ESO could too. Imagine using the motion controls like in Breath of the Wild, but with a button menu special bar too! Plus its a mobile console, so we could undock it and go! Maybe there gonna be a problem if you want to buy eso gold like in a PC, but still! Isn't it a great idea?

Rosenivy

Well, in spite of Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Starfox and the Legend of Zelda are included in Nintendo Switch, I'm not so excited about it. Because I think it would be awesome if the Elder Scrolls Online also came to the Nintendo Switch.

If other online games can be must-haves in NS, and I think ESO could too. Imagine using the motion controls like in Breath of the Wild, but with a button menu special bar too! Plus its a mobile console, so we could undock it and go! Maybe there gonna be a problem if you want to buy eso gold like in a PC, but still! Isn't it a great idea?