Nvidia Shield setup

8inchbit

I used to have an old wii set up as an emulator a long time ago, and having recently wanted to get back into emulating, I purchased an nvidia shield due to all the things I’ve heard about it. I haven’t messed much with it yet, but have seen some videos of people’s setup. From what I understand, retroarch is basically the main interface for emulation on the shield. Recently, I learned about which is an interface to retroarch, so interface to an interface? Either way, it looks cool. Is the only graphical interface out there? Or are there plenty of other interfaces available?

Last edited:

pix07

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/RetroArch

Alternative Launchers and Frontends
skeletonKey

skeletonKey is the successor to retroInvader. In addition to a simple netplay interface, nearly every aspect of retroarch can be set using this GUI.
retroInvader

retroInvader is designed to allow users to quickly install & configure the latest version of RetroArch, cores, and shaders. In addition to the GUI-driven configuration & installation, retroInvader supports drag and drop for quickly launching ROMs, hosting netplay sessions as well as installing BIOS files. retroInvader is for Windows only.
RAEM

RAEM (formerly RA-Player) is another launcher for RetroArch, for those that want to try something that looks more like a native Windows program. It hasn't been updated in a while, though.
Phoenix

Phoenix is an alternative frontend for libretro that is independent of RetroArch, not to be confused with the discontinued RetroArch-Phoenix launcher. It is intended to mimic the style of OpenEmu, except using libretro and being available on Windows and Linux. It is still in early development and requires that you build it yourself through Qt, though the main developer says an alpha release with prebuilt binaries is on the way.
Minir

Minir is another alternative libretro frontend that is independent of RetroArch and inspired by bsnes-Qt. It is stated to be a complement to RetroArch, focusing on things that RetroArch does not focus on, such as a system native GUI, cheat search, debugging, etc. This frontend is still in early development and no binary builds are provided yet, but you can build it yourself from the source code on Github.

http://docs.libretro.com/development/frontends/

Last edited:

KAISY

Oh ok, frontend is what I'm looking for. Thanks for the links

. From what I understand, retroarch is basically the main interface for emulation on the shield. Recently, I learned about which is an interface to retroarch, so interface to an interface? Either way, it looks cool. Is the only graphical interface out there? Or are there plenty of other interfaces available?

KAISY

. From what I understand, retroarch is basically the main interfac my ip birthday wishes tneb e for emulation on the shield. Recently, I learned about which is an interface to retroarch, so interface to an interface? Either way, it looks cool. Is the only graphical interface out there? Or are there plenty of other interfaces available?

Oh ok, frontend is what I'm looking for. Thanks for the links