Some questions about pre-loaded retropies

fonzbear2000

Hello everyone. I'm thinking about buying one of the many retropies on ebay that are pre-loaded with tons of systems and games. Something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Retro-...267779?hash=item2879546c83:g:sTMAAOSwowdciII6 I do have some questions about them. Actually, if anyone has had any experience with the one I'm linking to, that would be great because it has a really amazing selection of systems.

1. How much setup is involved? Is it as easy as plugging it into my TV, turning it on and selecting my game system?

2. How do systems that had controllers with numbered keypads work? Such as the Colecovision or Intellivision. Can I plug a keyboard into it?

3. Do the emulators have Game Genie and Pro Action Replay built into them?

That's all for now. Thanks very much in advance!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
1) Just so you know, this is not going to include roms, you need to get those on your own. Do not ask for how, we can not help you there. Most setup is done when you flash the SD card yourself. I'd try RetroBox as I think its the best. All he did was added the artwork. It's nice, but not all that hard and prolly halfass. Many free options on the net that even include roms.

2) Not going to happen because the core emulation does not support it. Adapters like Bliss-Box.net have support for those types of controllers, but I do not know of any core that does. If there is it would be in the core menu options (advanced setup).

3) Some, it is hit and miss.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ebay does not allow selling roms!

That does not stop people from trying but as a buyer you need to be away this person is giving you pirated games and as a buyer you need to be aware it is illegal for you to buy it. Sure, it may not be your fault (may the buyer beware) but you can be held liable. It is the same thing as downing a torrent, the copy write owner can prosecute you.

Do not take legal advice from this board, ask a lawyer.