Thread: Battlezone Emulation

Default Battlezone Emulation

Hi all. Wondering if you guys can help me out with a problem.

Once upon a time in the 90's I played battlezone on a computer. I almost want to say that it came pre-installed on windows 98, but I'm not sure. I remember using the arrow keys alone to steer the tank. Now that I'm older and feeling nostalgic, I tried tracking down a version that I can play on modern day computers, but only with the arrow keys. I've run across a version that can be played in a web browser on IGN's site, and that will kind of work, but I'd really like a version I can play without internet access. Again, trying to find a way to play it with only the arrow keys.Currently I tried using mame to emulate but I can't get it to work with just the arrow keys and space bar.

Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Battlezone Emulation

Hey there agelesseon! Have you considered downloading the .swf file from the website and playing it from the computer? That way you don't need play it on the website.

EDIT: I just downloaded the .swf file from the IGN website, and can confirm it can be played locally without internet. If you need help, send a PM my way and Ill help the best I can.
    Last edited by Mupen64 Man; June 6th, 2019 at 08:30.

Which Battlezone because there is few version:

Battlezone (1980)
    Battlezone (1998)

And others.
    "God made the integers, all else is the work of man "- Leopold Kronecker

Quote Originally Posted by agelesseon View Post
    Hi all. Wondering if you guys can help me out with a problem.

Once upon a time in the 90's I played battlezone on a computer. I almost want to say that it came pre-installed on windows 98, but I'm not sure. I remember using the arrow keys alone to steer the tank. Now that I'm older and feeling nostalgic, I tried tracking down a version that I can play on modern day computers, but only with the arrow keys. I've run across a version that can be played in a web browser on IGN's site, and that will kind of work, but I'd really like a version I can play without internet access. Again, trying to find a way to play it with only the arrow keys.Currently I tried using mame to emulate but I can't get it to work with just the arrow keys and space bar Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.l.l.

Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated.
    EDIT: I just downloaded the .swf file from the IGN website, and can confirm it can be played locally without internet. If you need help, send a PM my way and Ill help the best I can.

Thread Information