Emulator Problem: WinKawaks full screen crash

Periko

I'm using latest WinKawaks (1.65) on Windows 10 for CPS2 emulation, but it crashes when I exit full screen. Sometimes it works fine, but most of the time it just crashes. I've had more luck pausing the emulation before exiting full screen, but I'm not really sure if it's related or if it's just pure luck.

Does someone know of a solution to this issue? I've been looking around, but found no answers.

pix07

https://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=25543

ulaoulao:

New window os Emulation tips

1) Most emulators are not actively being developed. Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
2) Most emulator authors could careless about new windows.Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
3) New windows Os's change policies and drivers, make the emulator have issues. Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
4) Lots of emulators depend on old hardware. Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
5) Emulators are now like most software, they are job hobby projects. They often times only work on the system they developed it on. Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8

Or we could just say one rule really.
Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8

Only way is use other emulator because Winkawaks as you write keep crashing.

Try MAME or RetroArch.

Robert

Directdraw isn't supported in windows any more after windows 7.

Get yourself a windows 7 machine - it will run older emulators much better.

atarian

I'm using latest WinKawaks (1.65) on Windows 10 for CPS2 emulation, but it crashes when I exit full screen. Sometimes it works fine, but most of the time it just crashes. I've had more luck pausing the emulation before exiting full screen, but I'm not really sure if it's related or if it's just pure luck.

Does someone know of a solution to this issue? I've been looking around, but found no answers.

after a lot of reading and messing about, i managed to get winkawaks working in full screen without crashing.

So i sorted out running the emu itself, then through rocketlauncher and then through hyperspin, and although not quite perfect, it works.

The only thing i did was run it in compatability mode for windows 7, it works ok for win xp sp3, but you get that dreaded window popping up.

The only problem is that i havent got it to run directly into full screen via RL or HS, and alt+enter gets it there but pauses it.