Thread: WinKawaks full screen crash

Default WinKawaks full screen crash

I'm using latest WinKawaks (1.65) on Windows 10 for CPS2 emulation, but it crashes when I exit full screen. Sometimes it works fine, but most of the time it just crashes. I've had more luck pausing the emulation before exiting full screen, but I'm not really sure if it's related or if it's just pure luck.

Does someone know of a solution to this issue? I've been looking around, but found no answers.

Default Re: WinKawaks full screen crash

https://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=25543

ulaoulao:

New window os Emulation tips

1) Most emulators are not actively being developed. Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
    2) Most emulator authors could careless about new windows.Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
    3) New windows Os's change policies and drivers, make the emulator have issues. Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
    4) Lots of emulators depend on old hardware. Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
    5) Emulators are now like most software, they are job hobby projects. They often times only work on the system they developed it on. Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8

Or we could just say one rule really.
    Stick with Windows 7 if they do not work on 10/8
    Only way is use other emulator because Winkawaks as you write keep crashing.

Try MAME or RetroArch.
    "God made the integers, all else is the work of man "- Leopold Kronecker

Thread Information