Emulator Problem: How to reset Mame game menu

bpwinger

I have an older version of Mame (Mame098b) from 2005 I believe. The game menu used to load up with a list of games that I could scroll through to select a game. While the games were loading up one time, my niece pulled on the joystick and pushed the buttons and threw the game menu into a different setting. Now the game menu loads up with the marquee all squished up on the screen and I have to scroll through each marquee to select a game with some of them being unrecognizable.

How do I switch the setting back so that the games load up in a list again?

Thank you!

Bryan

Robert

That old version of mame didn't have a menu. Maybe you're talking about mameui. There's a line of icons just under the menubar, click the one that says Grouped.

bpwinger

I have an older version of Mame (Mame098b) from 2005 I believe. The game menu used to load up with a list of games that I could scroll through to select a game. While the games were loading up one time, my niece pulled on the joystick and pushed the buttons and threw the game menu into a different setting. Now the game menu loads up with the marquee all squished up on the screen and I have to scroll through each marquee to select a game with some of them being unrecognizable.

Thank you!

Bryan

bpwinger

When I used to turn the computer on, the games automatically loaded up into a list that I could scroll through by pressing down on the joystick. Now just one marquee pops up and you can scroll down to select the desired game but some of the marquees are hard to decipher. I would like to somehow get the list back that spells out the available games. There is no menu bar or anything to click on.

Last edited:

bpwinger

/Users/bryanwinger/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail Downloads/83B11F97-1CA1-4E35-8440-8C975D35EEEB/IMG_4784.jpg

pix07

About posting pics image icon on forum and upload them on any image hosting of course copy image link.
Screenshot can be make with printscreen and copied in paint with ctrl+v then save photo.
For doing screenshots there are also programs like: greenshot.
Im using postimage to upload photos its a polish image hosting .
Best image hosting in USA is imgur.
Good luck.
Ps:For posting with bbcode use this:
example.jpg

You can also ask for help with emulator on reddit.

https://imgur.com/upload

Last edited:

Robert

Putting a link to a location inside your own computer doesn't help unless I wanted to hack into it. Try again.

pix07

My solution maybe is crazy but you can try it :
1.Delete mame .ini
2.Update video driver
3.Update directx to latest.
By icons i can say that you use windows 2000.

by that link you have all old versions of directx.

http://falconfly.3dfx.pl/directx.htm

Tell me what video card you have.
I will searching web for drivers.

:Open the Device Manager in Microsoft Windows XP and 2000

On the desktop or in the Start Menu, right-click on My Computer and select Properties.
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
On the Hardware tab, click the Device Manager button.

Its should looks like this:
dm.jpg

Source:https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

One more thing if you can change video driver in mame to gdi+ or gdi or after update to directx.

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MAME/Configure

Last edited:

Robert

That doesn't look like any kind of MAME that I know of. The first pic appears to be of some unknown front end. The second pic looks like some kind of issue in your computer.

Besides what pix07 said, the only thing I could advise is to run mame by itself without that frontend.

moto77

how to save the settings in the emulator for MAME. I change the settings the way I like it but when I shut down the emulator and reopen the settings get back to the standard. Can someone help me how to save the settings and stay the way I like it? I forget to mention I use RetroArch MAME Emulator.

Last edited:

GASIYAT

Banned
When I used to turn the computer on, the games automatically loaded up into a list that I could scroll through by pressing down on the joystick. Now just one marquee pops up and you c Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.l.l an scroll down to select the desired game but some of the marquees are hard to decipher. I would like to somehow get the list back that spells out the available games. There is no menu bar or anything to click on.

Last edited:

joshi123

At the point when I used to turn the PC on, the games naturally stacked up into a rundown that I could look through by pushing down on the joystick. Presently only one marquee springs up and you can look down to choose the ideal game however a portion of the marquees are difficult to translate. I might want to by one way or another get the rundown back that explains the accessible games. There is no menu bar or anything to tap on.

tinkuoo7

At the point when I used to turn the PC on, the games consequently stacked up into a rundown that I could look through by pushing down on the joystick. Presently only one marquee springs up and you can look down to choose the ideal game yet a portion of the marquees are difficult to decode. I might want to some way or another get the rundown back that illuminates the accessible games. There is no menu bar or anything to tap on.

chrismoyall

Thank you!

Bryan

I am also looking for mameui. But now I get that I have not updated version of it. So I am not getting it.
Fan from Norway.

omejohn

I have an older version of Mame (Mame098b) from 2005 I believe. The game menu used to load up with a list of games that I could scroll through to select a game. While the games were loading up one time, my niece pulled on the joystick and pushed the buttons, and threw the game menu into a different setting. Now the game menu loads up with the marquee all squished up on the screen and I have to scroll through each marquee to select a game with some of them being unrecognizable.

Thank you!

Bryan

I'm likewise searching for mameui. However, presently I get that I have not refreshed adaptation of it. So I am not getting it.

Fan from Spain.

Last edited: