Controller issues Project 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capthowdy12301

I can use the controller to input which controls I want to assign to certain buttons on the USB controller. When I get in game there is however no response to the controller. My current controller plugin is N-Rage for PJ64: 2.5.2.202.

Not sure why it recognizes the controller in the setup menu but not in game.

pix07

Which pad are you using also wich os and which driver.
Im think ulaoulao can help you.

Capthowdy12301

I recently tried using my wireless PS4 controller but had the same results. I can use it to configure which button does what but once I load a game it doesn't do anything as if I never mapped the buttons.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Take a screen shot of the n rage window with your settings. Test the game pad with joy.cpl (run from run menu). Also test with https://html5gamepad.com/

report all findings.

Capthowdy12301

Both tests show everything working. The contoller works great on my computer. it even works in the configure controller menu where I map commands to it. Literally the only place it doesn't work is in a game itself. I can't u[load the screenshot here but I can type what it says again. (N-Rage for PJ64: 2.5.2.202). That's what the N-Rage pluggin says. When I click on about it just give me a website to download or update but it's the most current version.

Capthowdy12301

So I need to use an image hosting site to send you the exact thing I've already typed in full twice? It literally says that my controller plugin is N-Rage for PJ64: 2.5.2.202. If I right click and select about, it only give me a link to the n-rage website that anyone can google. I'm just confused as to why you need to see a screenshot showing the information I've already provided. If the controller works for selecting actions for the buttons, the computer and emulator are both recognizing commands from it. The issue has to be with doing so in a game. That's where I get lost.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Reason for asking is I'm not in front a a computer that can open it up and look. Very often with controller plugs is that there is a setting or two that will cause that. Visualization is the best way to help each other. In contrast to that the worse way to help each other is attitudes like yours. Good luck.

Capthowdy12301

There are no settings. The only thing is does is tell me what driver I have.

*******remainder of post remove*******
reason: 4. Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum staff will be not tolerated.

Tip, when insulting some one try to remember to use a spell check.

"You fail to understand the concept of me not haveing"

"makes you look rather inintelligent."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.