Just wanna give a quick shout out to the 8BitDo M30 Genesis controller.!!

viprit

I just got mine today, and even though it's not advertised as such, it is PERFECT for Saturn emulation through RetroArch's mednafen core. It reads as xinput and I've always had trouble getting my Saturn controller adapter to work well in RA, especially when it comes to switching back to a xbone controller. If you're a fan of Saturn fighting games, I would call this a must have. There's not a dpad in the world that's better than the Saturn pad, and although I was skeptical this could measure up (I've never tried a 8BitDo controller before) I was thankfully wrong. After playing 5 or so hours of Street Fighter Zero 3, a game that I've put probably nearly 1,000 hours into, I can say that there wasn't a noticeable difference between my performance with this and a Japanese Saturn pad. Every diagonal hit perfect, and it's leagues better than an xbone pad. If you want an authentic controller layout for Saturn and Genesis games for emulation, this is easily the most affordable way to get there, and also very close to the ideal way to play these games. The small size probably isn't for everyone (it took me a bit to get used to it) and I can't speak for it's longevity, but it does seem solidly built.

DrPsyche

I just got mine today, and even though it's not advertised as such, it is PERFECT for Saturn emulation through RetroArch's mednafen core. It reads as xinput and I've always had trouble getting my Saturn controller adapter to work well in RA, especially when it comes to switching back to a xbone controller. If you're a fan of Saturn fighting games, I would call this a must have. There's not a dpad in the world that's better than the Saturn pad, and although I was skeptical this could measure up (I've never tried a 8BitDo controller before) I was thankfully wrong. After playing 5 or so hours of Street Fighter Zero 3, a game that I've put probably nearly 1,000 hours into, I can say that there wasn't a noticeable difference to write my essay today and hire a professional to check my performance with this and a Japanese Saturn pad. Every diagonal hit perfect, and it's leagues better than an xbone pad. If you want an authentic controller layout for Saturn and Genesis games for emulation, this is easily the most affordable way to get there, and also very close to the ideal way to play these games. The small size probably isn't for everyone (it took me a bit to get used to it) and I can't speak for it's longevity, but it does seem solidly built.

Hi there,

I prefer Genesis 6 button controller (with Raphnet's adapter). I'm not saying a 8BitDo controller is worse or something. Though, I'd give it a try some say. The benefits I see in it: it's designed for non-PCs and it's wireless. Raphnet adapters are awesome anyway.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Hi there,

I prefer Genesis 6 button controller (with Raphnet's adapter). I'm not saying a 8BitDo controller is worse or something. Though, I'd give it a try some say. The benefits I see in it: it's designed for non-PCs and it's wireless. Raphnet adapters are awesome anyway.

Yeah Raphnet was the entire foundation behind the original Bliss-Box but The Bliss-Box has made a few grater leaps. The controller support is insane and now it is even working on modern consoles. With the new Bridge campaign coming out it will even work in xinput mode if desired.