Emulator Problem: Can not fix rom-image crashing, details inside

marineknight

I am a newbie to emulators as I haven't used them in a very long time. The .SNA file is still there. I have been playing Pokemon Diamond. I haven't entered any cheats or messed with any settings or packs. The version is 2.9b of No$Gba. I have been saving the state and loading the game for a week with no issues. Now when I attempt to load a state, I get a crash that simply says, "The rom-image has crashed", and then the program closes. I've tried resetting my PC and running the program as admin because sometimes those things work. I just got far enough into the game that my girl has gotten into it too, and it's been really hard to find a game she will actually play. I'd rather not have to start all over as I have like 20 hours in. Is there a way I can fix this? Can I use the saved state in a different emulator to salvage my progress? I've done some simple googling and no ones problem seemed to be this simple. Thanks for the time and read.

Oh, I might as well mention, the old save I created from earlier doesn't work either. This makes me think that it's not a problem with the save file because I haven't touched the old one in a few days and it worked last time I tried it. My PC did crash a few days ago when I had the game open, though minimized, and this has happened before, so I don't think that could of broken anything.

Edit- Even if I start a brand new game, which for some reason has about half of my progress saved, and then create a brand new save state, I can't load this new one either. It crashes and closes just like my real saves. This games me think it's an issue with the emulator and not the save itself. Halp?? BTW- I made a post on reddit looking for information there too, but ater two days I did not get a reply. Can anyone help here?

pix07

https://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=12488

Here it is:

1. Go to OPTIONS>EMULATION SETUP and change it to Start Cartridge directly for NDS roms but if you want to play gba roms then change it back to to GBABIOS (Nintendo logo) and go to Option>Save option. Anyway, for the save type... Change it to EEPROM 64k for the most games. Now:

Click Ok then click Options>Save Options>File>Reset Cartridge

ENJOY!

for NDS you need bios too.

https://www.nogba.com/no%24gba-crashes.htm

https://gbatemp.net/threads/no-gba-soul-silver-rom-image-crashing.179914/

Last edited:

marineknight

Why has it veen working up until now if I needed that? If I get that, is there a decent chance itll fix? I do appreciate your time.

pix07

I never get this error but was have crash with bad dumped roms.
Its may help you if bios or save file are incompatible.
It can be also your rom or no$gba version.

marineknight

I never get this error but was have crash with bad dumped roms.
Its may help you if bios or save file are incompatible.
It can be also your rom or no$gba version.

What do you mean? I'm using the newest version of no$gba, and a new highly downloaded rom of pokemon diamond. Wjay does your other part mean? And anyone else have any input?

marineknight

Yes, that is what I am using. I even deleted it cleared the debris, downloaded a new installer, and put it on a different HDD.

mekelein

I am a newbie to emulators as I haven't used them in a very long time. The .SNA file is still there. I have been playing Pokemon Diamond. I haven't entered any cheats or messed with any settings or packs. The version is 2.9b of No$Gba. I have been saving the state and loading the game for a week with no issues. Now when I attempt to load a state, I get a crash that simply says, "The rom-image has crashed", and then the program closes. I've tried resetting my PC and running the program as admin because sometimes those things work. I just got far enough into the game that my girl has gotten into it too, and it's been really hard to find a game she will actually play. I'd rather not have to start all over as I have like 20 hours in. Is there a way I can fix this? Can I use the saved state in a different emulator to salvage my progress? I've done some simple googling and no ones problem seemed to be this simple. Thanks for the time and read.

Oh, I might as well mention, the old save I created from earlier doesn't work either. This makes me think that it's not a problem with the save file because I haven't touched the old one in a few days and it worked last time I tried it. My PC did crash a few days ago when I had the game open, though minimized, and this has happened before, so I don't think that could of broken anything.

Edit- Even if I start a brand new game, which for some reason has about half of my progress saved, and then create a brand new save state, I can't load this new one either. It crashes and closes just like my real saves. This games me think it's an issue with the emulator and not the save itself. Halp?? BTW- I made a post on reddit looking for information there too, but ater two days I did not get a reply. Can anyone help here?
he same problem here... I wrote this in an other thread:

I both have cards and emulators, I really love when things work as I want them to do...

The code helped me and I'm able to get past the black screen in the beginning and also save my game.

Though I have one problem, I've been playing Soul Silver for quiet a while now on my Cyclo DS Evolution, beat 8 gyms. Now I want to import my save into the emulator. Previously it always worked fine with D/P/Pt and I can import my SS-save into DeSmuMe-emulator and back again.

When I start a new SS-save on NO$GBA, play a bit, save, turn off the emulator and turn it on again, I'm able to load my save. But if I replace the save file with my save from my Cyclo DS, a save that is exactly the same name, file type and file size (.SAV, 512 kB), I can't load it properly. I see the save on the bottom screen but when I try to load it the ROM crashes.

It's a bit weird though,

* I tried to start a game on NO$GBA and save after 1 minute gameplay or so - everything worked, I could turn on and off the emulator and my save always worked to load and stuff.
* Then I took the save and copied it to my Cyclo DS Evolution MyWegMansConnect, I was able to continue there. I was also able to save and load without problems.
* So then I tried to copy the file back into NO$GBA again, and it worked, I was able to load my save that I just played on my Cyclo DS Evolution.

Well, for some reason that worked, but I still can't load my other save (the one that I played on my Cyclo DS for a long time)... :wtf:

HELP...?

Last edited:

pankaj

Oh, I might as well mention, the old save I created from earlier doesn't work either. This makes me think that it's not a problem with the save file because I haven't touched the old one in a few days and it worked last time I tried it. My dad jokes PC did crash a few days ago when I had the game open, though minimized, and this has happened before, so I don't think that could of broken anything.

I'm facing the same issue as well. If anyone knows how to solve this it would be very beneficial for all!