Need help playing Pokemon Heartgold with an emulator

Idontunderstand

I'm trying to play Pokemon Heartgold on my computer. I downloaded a Desmume emulator and a Heartgold ROM but the game is stuck. My save file is in the Sprout Tower in the game and when I exit it freezes, meaning I can't progress in the game or go anywhere. I don't know what the problem is. I think its a simple solution but I don't have enough technical knowledge to know what's wrong. When I click the emulator to open it I get the message "This application may depend on other compressed files in the folder. For the application to run properly, it is recommended that you first extract all files." Then it has three options: Extract all, Run, Cancel. I click to extract them all, and it does something and says it extracted them all. Then when I try to open it again it just says the same thing every time. So I just click Run. I think that's why it isn't "running properly". But I don't even know what extracting the files means. I don't understand all this emulator stuff. Does anybody know how to get it working?

DrPsyche

I'm trying to play Pokemon Heartgold on my computer. I downloaded a Desmume emulator and a Heartgold ROM but the game is stuck. My save file is in the Sprout Tower in the game and when I exit it freezes, meaning I can't progress in the game or go anywhere. I don't know what the problem is. I think its a simple solution but I don't have enough technical knowledge to know what's wrong. When I click the emulator to open it I get the message "This application may depend on other compressed files in the folder. For the application to run properly, it is recommended that you first extract all files." Then it has three options: Extract all, Run, Cancel. I click to extract them all, and it does something to writemyessay and says it extracted them all. Then when I try to open it again it just says the same thing every time. So I just click Run. I think that's why it isn't "running properly". But I don't even know what extracting the files means. I don't understand all this emulator stuff. Does anybody know how to get it working?

Hi there,

I've never actually tried DeSmuME, however, I was planning to download v0.9.11 but changed my mind and decided to get Citra 3DS instead. Perhaps, you need to try Citra 3DS as well (it's also available for Linux). You may also post this question on DeSmuME forum.