Thread: USB ID issue.

Default USB ID issue.

I been building an arcade machine using windows 7 and i have many peripherals connected and assined to different inputs.

I have 7 mic connections to the computer 3 of them just for more input buttons and the other 4 used to track x and y coordinates. (and even more keyboards but that i have all working)

Usb 1 want set to my wireless keyboard and mouse combo (mouse 1)
    Usb 2 to IR gun 2 (mouse 2)
    Usb 3 to IR gun 3 (mouse 3)
    Usb 4 to mouse 4 track ball (mouse 4)

When I set the program (mame) to:

Gun 2 (mouse 2) as player 1
    Gun 3 (mouse 3) so player 2
    Trackball (mouse 4)

Every thing works fine. TILL I restart the computer and the order will change to which ever device is detected first.

So
    Gun 2 can become Gun 1 (Mouse 1)
    Trackball will become (mouse 2)
    and so on.

This will cause chaos to my maping and calabration and I will need to remap and calabrate to every game I want to play. I don't like this as this become inconvenient to me and my friend when switching game to play. Is their a way to set Ports and ID numbers to these Peripherals so they will not change? Thanks to all that replies.

Blog Entries

Default Re: USB ID issue.

This is a known limitation to usb. Quick answer is XP had a reg hack that worked but win 7,8,10 do not.

I had the sane issue when I invented the Bliss-Box.net To fix it I just gave each port a new usb ID and serial. The ports are still random but at least I had the ability to name them (port1,2,3,4) so it is very easy to find the one you need in a game.

In your situation that will not work. So unless your on XP your SOL and that is unfortunately the end.

The only other way to fix this for you would be a virtual USB device.
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

Blog Entries

Default Re: USB ID issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Moofa View Post
    Is their a way to set Ports and ID numbers to these Peripherals so they will not change? Thanks to all that replies.
    The MAME team has thought about that problem! It will take some work and manual editing of config files but once you are done you will not need to do it again unless you have to replace a device.

https://docs.mamedev.org/advanced/devicemap.html

Thread Information